More "GOLD" for the treasure chest

terry g

May 9, 2009
In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
Today was my last Island hunt,heading back to the mainland tomorrow.Had my best coin day Euro 73.90c on this beach.... coins were every where...not been hunted for some time, I was even finding oxidised coins in the dry sand...Most gold is out of Excal and my digging range... I did manage a 18k W/B and 9k pendant... Best Stainless Steel day:laughing7: and some silver rings and balled up chains. SAM_0081.JPG Formt last hunt.JPG
SAM_0075.JPG 22K adjustable... SAM_0067.JPG These were next to each other.. poor lady lost both her engagement and W/B marked 2003 and very little wear could have been in the water that long?

SAM_0060.JPG Have not seen water this clear since the Bahamas....6 meters, that black skinny thing is a small Gar/needle fish.

Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of treasure, Congrats!

2Peas

May 26, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Terry, sounds like a awesome vacation. Is the yacht
Yours?

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Great work. I wish I was hunting in that beautiful water also. Maybe some day. Also when time allows can you let me know how to bring the detector and scoop on a airline thanks Bill

OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hi. Great work. I wish I was hunting in that beautiful water also. Maybe some day. Also when time allows can you let me know how to bring the detector and scoop on a airline thanks Bill

Thanks. I have flown out of Australia and SE Asia to Europe with detectors in my carryon luggage. The batteries I remove but leave in the same bag. My s/steel scoop I put in the hold luggage. Some of the time they want a closer look at the carryon, but I have never been refused or delayed.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the replies everyone! I detected for 220 hours on this trip, mostly in the water with Excal 10" and 8" coils. Most of the gold is too deep to recover. I was ending up with huge sand craters and just chasing collapsing side walls. Most of the gold came from rocky areas.
View attachment 1866694 View attachment 1866695 Just over 500 grams of silver... most has been in the water a long time. SAM_0114.JPG SAM_0089.JPG The heaviest two. SAM_0116.JPG Total gold mostly 18k SAM_0106.JPG This is only some of the modern coins... I was cleaning them as fast as I was recovering them.. I don't have room for a tumbler:tongue3:.

SAM_0108.JPG Out of circulation coins... I have to go through these carefully...there is still some good stuff in there!

Thanks for looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread