Detecting in Rivers/Creeks Beginner Hints

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have decided to try my hand at detecting in rivers and creeks in my area. I swing an Equinox 600 so no problem there....Anything special I should know before I try my hand at this. Do you use some kind of scoop or strainer to retrieve a target? I am a total beginner at water detecting and just need some advise/suggestions or hints before I "dive in" to river detecting...Thanks for any help...Shorty

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do a you tube search on river/creek hunting/detecting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Watch Toms and the Hoover boys videos will give you a good idea on what is needed ..Then add in the research of old swimming holes and beach's. Check out old phone books for that was the ticket for advertisement in the day.........., old news papers...and words from the old timers. Any where there is water there is something to dig... Looks like you have been around for awhile so you know the routine....Good Luck!
Love Toms videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4yLniERekWqAXh0NwOqaqw

I think these are some of the best videos when they are water hunting.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people been using creeks and rivers for hundreds of years you never know what you might find. go over your finds really good so you don't throw away anything good. if water is clear use a mask that's how you find dollar bills and old bottles. Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread