Beach Metal Detector - Advice sought - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Beach Metal Detector - Advice sought

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9827 times
    Quote Originally Posted by americanartifacts33 View Post
    Is there much difference between the 600 and 800 equinox?
    This should help answer that question.
    https://www.minelab.com/community/tr...vs-equinox-800

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33430 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Post deleted, only paying, supporting vendors can advertise.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

us
    Jul 2013
    St Paul MO
    Whites Prism IV
    695 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    This should help answer that question.
    https://www.minelab.com/community/tr...vs-equinox-800
    Thank you very much that helps a lot!
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9827 times
    Quote Originally Posted by americanartifacts33 View Post
    Thank you very much that helps a lot!
    You bet. Good luck!

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1369 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    Most expensive - no, not the very most expensive. And then if you have the mods done (turns it into a killer machine), yes it starts getting very expensive. Absolutely love my Excal. Difficult to learn? Not really if you have experience using other detectors.....
    Most expensive of the machines I mentioned.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.
    Minelab Equinox 800,Fisher CZ-21

... waiting to see that elusive dowser or LRL on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ... has never happened!

Apr 2015
    1369 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Two main differences - 800 has built in wi-fi with wireless headphones, and an extra mode for hunting gold nuggets. If you are a dirt and beach hunter, and do not live in a state with nuggets, then the 600 is the way to go. 3720-0002 | Minelab Equinox 800 | Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    They both support both wireless module and bluetooth headphones. The 800 comes with bluetooth headphones and a wireless module.

Honestly the only feature of the 800 that I really use often is the low backlight setting (which I think they finally added to the 600 firmware), and the custom tone settings but I find myself using that less and less.

In which case I am using it like a 600 so one could save some money by going with the 600 unless they are planning to hunt gold nuggets in the midwest in which case they would want the gold mode of the 800.

BTW: Gold mode does not work on beaches, it's specific to nugget hunting in dry areas, so it is not useful for the beach.

Beach modes are identical between 600 and 800.
    Last edited by flgliderpilot; Oct 01, 2020 at 09:46 AM.

... waiting to see that elusive dowser or LRL on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ... has never happened!

us
    Jul 2013
    St Paul MO
    Whites Prism IV
    695 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flgliderpilot View Post
    They both support both wireless module and bluetooth headphones. The 800 comes with bluetooth headphones and a wireless module.

Honestly the only feature of the 800 that I really use often is the low backlight setting (which I think they finally added to the 600 firmware), and the custom tone settings but I find myself using that less and less.

In which case I am using it like a 600 so one could save some money by going with the 600 unless they are planning to hunt gold nuggets in the midwest in which case they would want the gold mode of the 800.

BTW: Gold mode does not work on beaches, it's specific to nugget hunting in dry areas, so it is not useful for the beach.

Thank you very much!!
    flgliderpilot likes this.

Apr 2015
    1369 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    Interesting. I find the Excal is the easiest machine to use of all the 13 detectors I own, and almost all of the other 20 I've used. I hunt in PP (all metal), and pretty much put a brick on the gas pedal and dig everything that isn't a dead iron null when I switch to Disc. What could be more simple?
    Learning the sounds and getting the settings right is the "harder" part for a beginner with an Excal.

Not necessarily difficult it just takes time. But to be fair this applies to all machines but less so for some than others.

us
    Sep 2019
    South Carolina
    Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
    96 times
    I have a Equinox 600 and its paid for itself 3 times over already. I also have a MInelab Sovereign GT and its an awesome beach machine if you don't plan on hunting the water where its over the control box. I saw one on ebay last night for sale. Its a beep and dig machine but once you learn what the machine is telling you then its a great machine and its 15 multi frequency.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9079 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by flgliderpilot View Post

Mostly true, but, I disagree with some of what you say. It's true that they expanded the backlight settings on the 600 to match the 800. It's not true that the only place to use the Gold modes is looking for nuggets. The Gold modes work great in the dry sand at the beach. If you're looking for any tiny gold items, it's the best mode available for that. It's also a great option to be able to use the 20khz and 40khz single frequencies in a bad EMI area. The other feature that I find a benefit is the added adjustability of the recovery speed.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Mar 2012
    Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
    Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3). Detecting since 1972.
    1541 times
    Want to make sure I understand..... The 800 and 600 both have internal bluetooth transmitters? or do you have to use an external wireless transmitter on the 600 and 800??
    Last edited by Mudflap; Oct 02, 2020 at 07:02 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9079 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Both are setup the same. No additional equipment needed.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    17464 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

gb
    Paul Martin

Feb 2015
    England
    Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Sovereign GT with depth mod, carbon shaft, XP MI-4 Pointer
    246 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    I have a Equinox 600 and its paid for itself 3 times over already. I also have a MInelab Sovereign GT and its an awesome beach machine if you don't plan on hunting the water where its over the control box. I saw one on ebay last night for sale. Its a beep and dig machine but once you learn what the machine is telling you then its a great machine and its 15 multi frequency.
    I have just bought a Sovereign GT, always wanted to try one, haven't had chance to use it yet but looking forward to seeing how I get on with it. For $350 it was a no brainer.

us
    Steve

Sep 2014
    Maryland
    Minelab EXt 505, Tesoro Sand shark, Whites coinmaster pro. Tesoro Compadre.
    30 times
    I just bought a Nox 600. I watched the Gigmaster video on setting it up for the beach. He used a Nox 800. Everything went like he said on my 600, exept when I went to advance setting for the 2 tones. He was able to set t1 on 4 to get low grunt sounds and t2 up to 25. Mine only shows t1 on my advanced setting, It's new to me I could be doing something wrong for the advanced settings. Machine worked great at the beach yesterday. Thanks in advance.
    All who fought in our Armed forces, Did so that you can be free. Nam, 1969 -1970.

X-terra 505, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro compadre, Equinox 600.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links