NOX Question

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I would ever use the Nox without headphones because most people would prefer not hearing all the sounds. That being said, would it be good or bad idea to fill speaker with silicone to help maintain watertight integrity? I am very impressed with this Nox 800. This is my first Minelab detector as I have only used Whites DFX and Dual Field PI. Its light weight,turn on and go simplicity and magnetic charging charging system (no battery changes) is greatly appreciated. On some areas on Cape Cod Bay beaches it will suddenly go erratic. Reducing sensitivity doesn't help so probably Hot Rocks. It is very sensitive on very small brass junk and spot on identifying coins at a decent depth. the first few times out I dug a lot of bottle caps. I tried the F2 upgrade, but in the end using 0 iron bias and 0 F2 setting, I was able to distinguish bottlecaps by sound only. Occasionally I would dig one if only two vid numbers were shown. Although no gold yet, next year I'll have a good quality wetsuit mask and snorkle and hopefully find some bling. In the meantime, now that most areas have been hunted heavily by the competition time to break out the Dual Field and possibly find some goodies beyond the depth range of vlf detectors

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bad. It voids the warranty and really doesn't insure anything.:skullflag:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Terry. From what I've read, its "probably" the flexing of the control head/viewscreen itself which is its Achille's heel and that's what's causing the leakage. Just an observation, and not fixable without an engineering overhaul. I doubt that will happen. Maybe an Equinox II, but not just an overhaul. In two years or so something else will come out from one manufacturer or another and make a lot of what we have obsolete anyway.

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I won't be doing that

cladpirate

Apr 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Terry. From what I've read, its "probably" the flexing of the control head/viewscreen itself which is its Achille's heel and that's what's causing the leakage. Just an observation, and not fixable without an engineering overhaul. I doubt that will happen. Maybe an Equinox II, but not just an overhaul. In two years or so something else will come out from one manufacturer or another and make a lot of what we have obsolete anyway.

How are you so sure things will be obsolete? At least for water hunting, look at the run the Excalibur has had, there are still pulse machines available from the same era. I’m not sure water hunting is at the top of manufactures list of to do items and a lot of places seem to be folding signaling a decline in all sales.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its like this. Would you want a 2017 car or a 2022 car? Just think of the upgrades! My car was 1 year too soon for a backup camera but I sure would like one! I had a rental last year with one and they take a lot of angst out of backing up. None of the manufacturers are sitting all pretty and happy and not working on the next thing. ALL of them are.

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Tom, if your Nox freaks out try a noise cancel then manually choose the channel that’s most stable. If you’re over a suspected bottle cap you can pump the coil up/down over the target and if the numbers go negative you can usually move on but if not dig! Plenty of gold still on the beaches there on the Cape! Was just there on Thursday and got 3. Two 14K, 10K claddagh with the Nox beach 1 Sensitivity 22. Happy Hunting ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1601243239.713117.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread