🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
Upvote 0

Hddeuce03

Jul 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have them and like them. don't have any to compare to though and I haven't had the actual, headphones underwater, just the detector and cables.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are these any good in the water? I need a new cord on my Excal phones... I see some of the Nox users have them.
Headset looks similar to the dualfield ones, there weak point was where the ear cup mounted to the headband.

Actually no they are not very good IN the water (ie head submerged) if you are referring to the non piezo version. They are "waterproof" to brief submersion not designed for hunting with your head underwater. They are basically small plastic speakers covered with glue rather than a piezoelectric element like the headphones in real dive machines like Excal and CZ-21.

The Excal uses piezo headphones, which work well in and under the water.

The LS Pelso design was a solution for the Equinox machines because they can't drive Piezo headphones very well, and the equinox can't go deeper than say 10ft underwater, so it's not a diving machine. It fit the need for a waterproof headset which could handle wave splashed and brief submersions.

In my early set the small speaker holes inside were covered with ... ready? Duct tape... which leaked and caused the speaker to stop working in the water. I re-sealed with hot glue and problem solved, but I would not trust these for submersion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
Actually no they are not very good IN the water (ie head submerged) if you are referring to the non piezo version. They are "waterproof" to brief submersion not designed for hunting with your head underwater. They are basically small plastic speakers covered with glue rather than a piezoelectric element like the headphones in real dive machines like Excal and CZ-21.

The Excal uses piezo headphones, which work well in and under the water.

The LS Pelso design was a solution for the Equinox machines because they can't drive Piezo headphones very well, and the equinox can't go deeper than say 10ft underwater, so it's not a diving machine. It fit the need for a waterproof headset which could handle wave splashed and brief submersions.

In my early set the small speaker holes inside were covered with ... ready? Duct tape... which leaked and caused the speaker to stop working in the water. I re-sealed with hot glue and problem solved, but I would not trust these for submersion.

Thanks for the reply. Compared to ML the price of the pelso's seemed attractive. I will get a ctx set as I have M12 connectors on my Excal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread