LS Pelso headphones.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By terry g
  • 1 Post By Hddeuce03
  • 1 Post By flgliderpilot

Thread: LS Pelso headphones.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2009
    In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
    2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
    398 times
    Banner Finds (1)

LS Pelso headphones.

Are these any good in the water? I need a new cord on my Excal phones... I see some of the Nox users have them.
    Headset looks similar to the dualfield ones, there weak point was where the ear cup mounted to the headband.
    billb likes this.

Jul 2020
    14 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have them and like them. don't have any to compare to though and I haven't had the actual, headphones underwater, just the detector and cables.
    terry g likes this.

May 2009
    398 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks. How long have you been using them and are you using them on a Equinox?

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1369 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by terry g View Post
    Are these any good in the water? I need a new cord on my Excal phones... I see some of the Nox users have them.
    Headset looks similar to the dualfield ones, there weak point was where the ear cup mounted to the headband.
    Actually no they are not very good IN the water (ie head submerged) if you are referring to the non piezo version. They are "waterproof" to brief submersion not designed for hunting with your head underwater. They are basically small plastic speakers covered with glue rather than a piezoelectric element like the headphones in real dive machines like Excal and CZ-21.

The Excal uses piezo headphones, which work well in and under the water.

The LS Pelso design was a solution for the Equinox machines because they can't drive Piezo headphones very well, and the equinox can't go deeper than say 10ft underwater, so it's not a diving machine. It fit the need for a waterproof headset which could handle wave splashed and brief submersions.

In my early set the small speaker holes inside were covered with ... ready? Duct tape... which leaked and caused the speaker to stop working in the water. I re-sealed with hot glue and problem solved, but I would not trust these for submersion.
    Last edited by flgliderpilot; Oct 01, 2020 at 10:21 AM.
    terry g likes this.
    Minelab Equinox 800,Fisher CZ-21

... waiting to see that elusive dowser or LRL on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ... has never happened!

May 2009
    398 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by flgliderpilot View Post
    Actually no they are not very good IN the water (ie head submerged) if you are referring to the non piezo version. They are "waterproof" to brief submersion not designed for hunting with your head underwater. They are basically small plastic speakers covered with glue rather than a piezoelectric element like the headphones in real dive machines like Excal and CZ-21.

The Excal uses piezo headphones, which work well in and under the water.

The LS Pelso design was a solution for the Equinox machines because they can't drive Piezo headphones very well, and the equinox can't go deeper than say 10ft underwater, so it's not a diving machine. It fit the need for a waterproof headset which could handle wave splashed and brief submersions.

In my early set the small speaker holes inside were covered with ... ready? Duct tape... which leaked and caused the speaker to stop working in the water. I re-sealed with hot glue and problem solved, but I would not trust these for submersion.
    Thanks for the reply. Compared to ML the price of the pelso's seemed attractive. I will get a ctx set as I have M12 connectors on my Excal.

Sponsored Links