boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought one years ago. Wore it at work. Wished I'd never done it! Work just wasn't as much fun after I figured out I was walking seven more miles than I thought.

Do you have a gps? Start a track and it'll tell you how far you went without carrying another piece of equipment. Not to mention the cost of a pedometer. GPS - more useful.

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
Try using your phone with a GPS tracking app.

Attachments

• gps t.png
    gps t.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 83

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I thought I’d try using a pedometer just to see how far I stroll along the beach on my hunts.

The reviews I’ve read on many are not very*complimentary. *It seems the common complaint centers on accuracy and battery life.

I’d appreciate your thoughts and recommendations.

Thanks

Way back I would take a picture where I started and ended. Import those into google earth and it drops a pin. Then you can measure it. Then i got a smart phone.

I used the HR app on my Apple phone. Some use the under armor app but i found it unreliable.

When i needed to track heart rate and calories I got a fitbit. It is pretty accurate using your phone gps. I like seeing how far i walk and if i am walking a mile to a certain point that helps. Also shows when you work your heart so that is good.

It is very hard to see on a Sunny day. I check it later but would like to be able to see it and the time without removing sunglasses and cupping my hand over it.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Thanks to all. You gave me some good options. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Well, my kids talked me into an Apple Watch...and I'm happy they did. It does all I want it to do and much more. I can track where and how far I've walked on the beach, get weather reports, tide data, I can make calls and it can operate as a walkie talkie too....and finally... It also tells time! :laughing7:

BTW, on Black Friday, Apple/AT&T had a BOGO on watches so Mary now has one too! 8-)

Last edited:

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
it can operate as a walkie talkie too....and finally... It also tells time! :laughing7:

Thats awesome ColonelDan that has a lot more features than my cheap fitbit. (just reading about a Col Dan in the Reale 8 history)

Question: does the walkie talkie work between watches? Did not know about that feature.

Oh and someone posted the Apple watch asks if you are OK if you are digging on your knees too long, haha

Best regards, Merry Christmas!

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good sand scoop would probably be a better idea. Then just observe the tracks that you made on the way back to the car after you have finished. The data of that type of device is somewhat marginal due to the stop shoveling, backing up, and such that a person does during a hunt. Good luck on your next hunt.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
They're horrible people who should be hung or shot by firing squad. They should be hunted down on the internet and dark web and immediately executed in front of their computers.

No No, he said Pedometers NOT Pedophiles!

Oh, never mind....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread