Copper, Copper everywhere

troutbum

Sep 14, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXt 505, Tesoro Sand shark, Whites coinmaster pro. Tesoro Compadre.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stayed the weekend at the surf club on the beach in Dewey beach De. Started at 8:30 low tide and metal detected for 4 hours. Found 12 cents, 1 dime, 2 zincolns, a junk toe ring, and loads of small copper. They were small pieces and all had serations on them, some were so small you could barley see them. What amazed me was how deep the Nox 600 can go. I use beach 1 for dry sand, beach 2 for wet and surf. In beach one ,I dug down at least a foot or better for pieces of copper I couldn'e even see. I had to get down and look for them . Great day, maybe next week or so Rehobeth beach.

Upvote 0

OldSean

Jan 6, 2012
York, PA
Detector(s) used
White M6, White 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detect the Rehoboth area a lot. They replenish the beach with sand pumped in off shore. You will find a lot of M50 bullets and tiny fragments of there copper shell casings . It’s a bit frustrating but a bad day detecting at the beach pretty much beats anything but a good day detecting at the beach

Terry In Florida

Mar 3, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You think they were placed there to deter metal detecting?

I have found locations scattered with pennies throughout and thought it was to deter our hobby, money is money to me, lol. A penny saved is a penny earned, pops always said... People who toss pennies, just don't understand how many hours we scan, only finding trash and keep doing it, lol... BB's would be a real crappy thing to come across or what you are discribing...

If this is the case, it would be a prime example of why its sooo important to leave the beach better than before we showed up. Show people the glass and sharp metals we clean up on their favorite beaches, that we not only clean up our mess but any mess we encounter... One bad apple...

Strange thing to find and leaves one questioning...

OP
OP
troutbum

troutbum

Sep 14, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXt 505, Tesoro Sand shark, Whites coinmaster pro. Tesoro Compadre.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes , They must have just finished replenishing the section of beach the day before. I'll be hitting Rehobeth next. Then start at O.C. again. Still it was great to be out.:walk:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread