Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RustyGold,,thanks for the privilege of your time,, it’s very important that we spend quality time teaching children,it’s something I never received in my youth and to hear them say thank you for showing me touches my heart,,Take care..Bill

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golfpro. Hi ,,thanks for the privilege of your time,,great information to know on zinc vs.copper..I was just trying to teach my granddaughter how to possibly measure without a real scale,,it is time well,well spent when a child says thanks for teaching me something new..In our town the elementary school have a show and tell,, where students make a project and explain it,,looking back I wish my schools would have asked this of us,take care,,Bill

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golfpro hi,,I hope all is well now in California,,I sit here tonight thinking about the lesson you taught me on zinc and copper,when I made this I just reached into the coin bucket and pulled some out.I want to Thank You for taking time to explain this and it’s also a special time when I learn something new,,Take care ,,Bill

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aponamed. The scale was fun to make and I finally saved up to buy one. Welcome aboard and Greetings from NewYork and Good Luck

kypeckerwood

Feb 27, 2022
I used a 12 inch ruler. Two 3 inch square cardboard. Pencil. Tape. Penny’s On average a penny weighs 2.5 grams ...to equally balance I used 5 penny’s,,,,the total I got is 12.5 grams..It’s not perfect but I think it’s close
It depends on the pennies You used. Some 1982 and newer are made of copper/zink. They weigh 2.5(.10 tolerance). Some 1982 and older are made of copper/brass. They weigh 3.11(.15 tolerance).

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,that is ingenious,brilliant even.A principle that goes back thousands of years and still works and works well.Good going my friend and great teaching your granddaughter.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,that is ingenious,brilliant even.A principle that goes back thousands of years and still works and works well.Good going my friend and great teaching your granddaughter.
It may not be the best but it just shows a different method of trying to accomplish something..I wish someone in my family would have taught me different methods on how things work and helping me develop better skills in my younger days.
My wife’s father was very good at engineering and shared those skills with her throughout her childhood..
Now when a problem arises I don’t have a remedy but she’ll say try this and problems solved
Take care my friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread