guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was out at Siesta key This morning, Basicaly wanted to break in the excal.after we dialed it in, it worked flawlessly , Thanks Murph for your help. However there wasn't much out there to speak of
some clad thats about it .. The tide was going to the low side as we Leaving , couldn't stay any longer ,It would have been nice to have stayed and work the wet sand. but tomarrow another day.. Guzz1

Upvote 0

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
I cleaned out all the clad before ya got there. Next time we will do more detecting and less reminiscing about Sarasota's salad days. Fun morning for sure.

Don't forget to tell Anthony I said hi. Ya think we could get him out there with a detector? At least people should not walk right into him like they do me. Should stick out like sore thumb on the bright white sand of siesta. And if they should start walking right in to one of our swing patterns he could turn around and direct them around us. ;D Looked like there were plenty of "depositors" showing up as we were making our way out of there. That's always a good thing.

Your excal is top line machine for sure. All you have to do now is convince the wife that you found it in a box of cracker jacks. I had tried them out in show rooms but never on the beach like today. And I thought the tone ID on the sovereign was top notch. I need to keep an eye on fleabay. With the winter months coming up someone might let one go cheap.

Attachments

• clad.jpg
    clad.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 449
OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
:D GREAT TIME THIS MORNING .. AJ WITH A MD !!! BOY ,I DON"T KNOW . HE"D BE TELLING HOW TO USE MINE AND DIRECTING ME WEAR TO GO HUNT AND STUFF.TELLING ME I"M DOING IT WRONG ,HE LIKES TO DIRECT (LAWRENCE WELK )..DON"T YOU KNOW . EXCAL DID A NICE JOB,,, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP CALL ME WILL HAVE TO HIT IT AGAIN FOR SURE . I'LL KEEP MY EYE PEELED OUT FOR YA SEE IF WE CAN GET YA ONE ... TAKE CARE MURPH I"LL TALK TO YA THIS WEEK... GUZZ1

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siesta Key's beach has the nicest sand for losing stuff and watching it disappear before your eyes.

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Yea its a very fine sand and pure white . a beautiful beach though . if you can stay in the wet , its not so bad , but in in the dry your targets can easily get buried over...... I love it because its so close to my house 5 minutes away. and a lot of depositors..GUZZ1

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FIVE minutes away? Can I come live with you?

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
:D CAME HERE 18 YEARS AGO FROM CHICAGO NEVER LOOKED BACK,, THE BEACH HERE SOLD ME BIG TIME ... GUZZ1

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
It can be "fluffy" to a fault. Ever think a small pair of snow shoes would come in handy while metal detecting? It can be that bad at times. But like was said, anything dropped is quickly out of sight unless you have a MD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions