Nox 800 very sensitive

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very impressed so far. It is very sensitive to the smallest pieces of pull tabs and teeny bits of brass. It seems to be slim pickins this year. I did find an adorable tiny gold micropave ring about 6'' deep. VDI solid 18. A lot of beaches are sanded in so I'll give the Dual Field a go. Even if I don't find any bling,it's a good workout for this 70 yr old dude. Unfortunately there are so many white sharks cruising the coastline of east facing beaches devouring seals sometimes as close as 10 feet from shore thus keeping most folks from venturing out too far. I hunted Nauset Beach in Orleans yesterday with the Nox but there were only three targets and black sand everywhere. I'm waiting for a big storm to move a lot of sand then I'll try the PI. Also just wanted to say the Garrett Carrot is outstanding

Upvote 0

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
Tom check a map to make sure where you went is NOT IN The Cape Cod National Seashore. off limits. You could lose all your gear.

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nauset Beach in Orleans has nothing to do with National Seashore. You must be referring to Nauset Light Beach in Eastham that is a CCNS beach. The only other beach on the National Seashore that is maintained by the town is in Truro but I don't know if the boundaries are clearly marked.

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO

Attachments

• ccns.jpg
    ccns.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 91

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
"It is very sensitive to the smallest pieces of pull tabs and teeny bits of brass. " you are right. Eventually, I was able to "most of the time" hear the difference in a weaker or broken tone vs a good solid tone. Still dig any repeatable signal at the beach though. If you have mineralized sand NB and GB often. If I hear a lot of junk, I carry a similar target as I am looking for and test it. I know it is in air but reassuring to hear a good solid tone. Helps me but YMMV. Great job!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard of a fair amount of gold being found deep on bay side - just got to get into the right spot
i will being trying to jump in with the "whities" this weekend down there - around the corner on south side ocean beaches

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my CZ21 is sensitive to smalls in all metal - i can pick up earring backs and BBs
just got to slow down

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard of a fair amount of gold being found deep on bay side - just got to get into the right spot
i will being trying to jump in with the "whities" this weekend down there - around the corner on south side ocean beaches

What's the news regarding your surgery Don?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the news regarding your surgery Don?
Friends call me Casper -
dam thing wont heal... it does and i get all happy then it re-opens
they are gonna try a temporary cast thing to try and get it to heal - it will get changed weekly
then we may do surgery in Jan. and it will take me out for like 3 months
soooo...going to try and do some cold water hunting sun.,mon.,tues.
it wont help it but shouldnt hurt it and my moral needs it big time = hope i have something to show you
hope all is well with you :icon_thumleft:

JohnnyRox

Greenie
Aug 29, 2020
LI
Detector(s) used
Equinox, Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm very impressed so far. It is very sensitive to the smallest pieces of pull tabs and teeny bits of brass. It seems to be slim pickins this year. I did find an adorable tiny gold micropave ring about 6'' deep. VDI solid 18. A lot of beaches are sanded in so I'll give the Dual Field a go. Even if I don't find any bling,it's a good workout for this 70 yr old dude. Unfortunately there are so many white sharks cruising the coastline of east facing beaches devouring seals sometimes as close as 10 feet from shore thus keeping most folks from venturing out too far. I hunted Nauset Beach in Orleans yesterday with the Nox but there were only three targets and black sand everywhere. I'm waiting for a big storm to move a lot of sand then I'll try the PI. Also just wanted to say the Garrett Carrot is outstanding

I doubt the Dual Field will go any deeper than the Nox. You'll dig up more iron though.

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Friends call me Casper -
dam thing wont heal... it does and i get all happy then it re-opens
they are gonna try a temporary cast thing to try and get it to heal - it will get changed weekly
then we may do surgery in Jan. and it will take me out for like 3 months
soooo...going to try and do some cold water hunting sun.,mon.,tues.
it wont help it but shouldnt hurt it and my moral needs it big time = hope i have something to show you
hope all is well with you :icon_thumleft:

Ah I thought real friends called you Don! Hope you get it fixed one way or another. Just got myself a Sovereign GT for the beach, hope to pick out some deeper targets with it. Beaches are all sanded in around here at the moment, looking forward to some Easterly storms.
Keep us up to date with your finds, good luck buddy:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my CZ21 is sensitive to smalls in all metal - i can pick up earring backs and BBs
just got to slow down

I own both machines and the Equinox is far more sensitive to tiny targets.

When I say tiny, I mean microscopic. Things so small you can't even determine if they are metal or sand.

I don't really find this a strength of the machine.

Things this small even if 22k are worth nothing but the time it took to find them.

It's a great machine no doubt, it's killer in the wet stand but I stopped using it in the water for this reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread