XP Orx Top 7 beach detectors. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: XP Orx Top 7 beach detectors.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    gb
    Paul Martin

Feb 2015
    England
    Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Sovereign GT with depth mod, carbon shaft, XP MI-4 Pointer
    266 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    I'm still playing with mine, so, the jury is still out. So far, not a big fan, but, I need to put in more hours before I decide if it's something I want to use or not. I've used a few PI machines before and didn't particularly care for them. I just spent too much time digging iron junk. I figured this would be better because it's supposed to have some discrimination, but, so far, I haven't found it to be reliable enough to ignore "bad" signals. Still, if it will find gold deeper than any other machine, that's pretty much what I bought it for. So far, I haven't found any good target that my other machines wouldn't have found. Deep iron, sure, it finds that junk 2 feet down, but, that's not what I'm looking for. The lower clevis just broke a few days ago, so, it's down at the moment until the new one arrives. Also, the factory battery life sucks. Fisher says it will get 3 1/2 hours on a charge, which is kinda pitiful this day and age, but, I knew that from the start and could live with it......if it actually got that. The problem is, I haven't even got 3 hours of use time yet, even though the battery has been cycled many times now. I did manage to get a custom long life battery for it, and it's sitting here waiting to go on it's maiden voyage as soon as the lower shaft gets here.
    wow, not what I was expecting to hear considering how much time this machine was in the making. I have been following this machine's progress for quite a while. Keep us up to date with your findings and good hunting buddy.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9178 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Just got the replacement lower shaft and clevis today. I pleased to see that the new shaft is longer than the original. That was a slight shortcoming I thought. No way to see if the new clevis is solid or just thicker plastic. Maybe I could have looked down the shaft with a good light or inspection camera, but, I didn't think about doing that until I already had it mounted on the detector. I hope to get out soon and give it a good test drive now that it's fixed and I have a good replacement battery to use.
    OBN likes this.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    "Dew" Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
    1173 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    I have 3 that id place on that list..... starting with the Tarascci MDT..... the Nox.... and the Xcal. But i mostly wet sand and water hunt...... sounds like this guy DRY sand hunts mostly. Some of the machines that do well dry sand hunting ... in some ways can be as time consuming as a PI in the water with all the tiny foil or some style of bottle caps.
    Last edited by dewcon4414; Nov 22, 2020 at 06:29 AM.
    sandmartin likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links