Updated,,14k Star of David - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: Updated,,14k Star of David

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    640 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    ArfieBoy,,Hi thanks for stopping here and for the privilege of your time,,I hope all is well in Oregon,Yes Indeed I’m very blessed to have found this and do not think I will ever find another,thanks for the kind words,,

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    640 times
    AARC hi for me I just turned 70 yrs old and the last place I’m going to be these days is in stores where people don’t follow rules,,I just did what everyone told me do test it,,I probably will just give this to my granddaughter and she can decide if she wants to keep it or cash it in and buy something for herself,,take care
    AARC likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    77500 times
    I will say this... after your cleaning it looks MUCH better and more gold like... the probability is that it is real by the look... IMO.
    billb and RustyGold like this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Jul 2013
    1846 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Updated,,14k Star of David

Gold sinks faster in water than other common metals like iron, brass, copper or aluminum of course everyone knows this but it would be very hard to notice with the naked eye just doing it in a glass. You’d need a deep pool and a timer to prove this method.
    Last edited by Irishgoldhound; Nov 30, 2020 at 04:25 PM.
    wingmaster and billb like this.

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
    915 times
    I'm guessing the water test would be no good at all, with lead being a great fishing weight but doesn't make it gold. HH
    billb likes this.

Aug 2016
    2015 times
    Wow that cleaned up really good nice job
    AARC, billb and RustyGold like this.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    77500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Gold sinks faster in water than other common metals like iron, brass, copper or aluminum of course everyone knows this but it would be very hard to notice with the naked eye just doing it in a glass. You’d need a deep pool and a timer to prove this method.
    This "test" would be a FAR "reach" at best... and determining a plated item or real item... useless.

No offense.
    billb and trdking like this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    640 times
    Irishgoldhound hi thanks for the feedback,I was just following people’s recommendation that I should get it tested,I found a site that listed several things to do and I did them,the article just stated to put the object in a bowl of water not a pool,again I am by no means a expert in gold technology.on the other hand if this was a priceless painting or some very valuable ancient object then I could understand that thorough research be done ,,in closing for me I just wanted to share a nice find. Take care
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    640 times
    Islamoradamark,,yes indeed I used a bowl lined with aluminum foil,baking soda and boiling water as if I was making tea let it soak for approx,twenty minutes and rubbed with a toothbrush
    islamoradamark likes this.

Jul 2013
    1846 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Updated,,14k Star of David

Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    This "test" would be a FAR "reach" at best... and determining a plated item or real item... useless.

No offense.
    I’m not saying it’s a test to perform as an indication of an item being “solid” gold vs plated. Nor would I even bother to try but It’s just a fact , solid gold will sink faster
    Last edited by Irishgoldhound; Nov 30, 2020 at 06:30 PM.
    AARC and billb like this.

Jul 2013
    1846 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by billb View Post
    Irishgoldhound hi thanks for the feedback,I was just following people’s recommendation that I should get it tested,I found a site that listed several things to do and I did them,the article just stated to put the object in a bowl of water not a pool,again I am by no means a expert in gold technology.on the other hand if this was a priceless painting or some very valuable ancient object then I could understand that thorough research be done ,,in closing for me I just wanted to share a nice find. Take care
    I was just trying to support your theory which is true, but on a larger scale is all. One cubic foot of iron weighs 500lbs and a cubic foot of gold weighs 1200lbs. Which one do you think would hit the ocean bottom first?

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    77500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    I’m not saying it’s a test to perform as an indication of an item being “solid” gold vs plated. Nor would I even bother to try but It’s just a fact , solid gold will sink faster
    Any other precious metal... would IMO sink at same rate... and then there is our old friend lead... which would IMO also sink at the same if not a faster rate than gold.
    billb likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    77500 times
    Items dropped would have to be exact same shape / size as well.
    Irishgoldhound and billb like this.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    77500 times
    A "common" wood nail would drop faster than a gold nugget. IMO
    Irishgoldhound and billb like this.

Jul 2013
    1846 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Gold is still almost twice as dense as lead which would still sink faster. Platinum on the other hand is twice as dense as gold which would sink faster than gold.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links