Best Christmas Ever!

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Texas / Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When White’s waterproofed the TDI it became an instant bucket lister for me. Recently I found out that White’s closed it doors so I immediately started looking for a TDI Beach Hunter. Unfortunately, most websites were already showing out of stock. A seemingly endless internet search produced a dealer still listing one in stock, but after completing the sale, including payment, they refunded my money and explained they were sold out.

I searched 2-3 more weeks, spent many more hours online, and contacted more than 40 dealers, including some in Europe. Nope...nothing...but then...it just came to me that I should look only along the east coast. So the search began again. This time...the first White’s dealer I contacted offered his personal/demo detector. A few minutes later the second dealer sent me this message, “I think we have one”. My heart almost jumped out of my chest.

An hour after that, at 10:00 o’clock at night Greg sent this message, “we have one, call Dan at 9:00am in the morning”! I’ll be honest with you...I had trouble sleeping. I tried to be calm so I waited until 9:30 to call. It was Christmas Eve and Dan was busy with customers, but called me back and we closed the deal. When the detector was bought and we were ready to say goodbye I still needed a reality check. Dan I said, “This detector is the White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI isn’t it?” He politely said, “yes, it says White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI right on the box.”

For me...this was a true Christmas miracle! Thank you Greg and Dan!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good hunt! Tt

Upvote 0

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
You sound like the kid who wanted the red rider BB gun for Christmas. Glad you found one. I was really interested in the TDI BH too. Maybe Garrett will do something with it.

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
You’ll enjoy it especially if you like to dig deep holes! I too bought one for myself for Christmas and love it. It compliments my modded excal batting clean up for quiet sites. Don’t be afraid to use the pulse delay to quiet her down in the waves and currents and I recommend hunting with ground balance off to get the deepest targets. Also you may want to invest in the 14.8 volt custom battery to juice it up even deeper. Have fun and happy hunting! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1609863520.052867.jpg

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
You’ll enjoy it especially if you like to dig deep holes! I too bought one for myself for Christmas and love it. It compliments my modded excal batting clean up for quiet sites. Don’t be afraid to use the pulse delay to quiet her down in the waves and currents and I recommend hunting with ground balance off to get the deepest targets. Also you may want to invest in the 14.8 volt custom battery to juice it up even deeper. Have fun and happy hunting! View attachment 1891529

Nice haul on the rings! I hope Garrett will still offer Whites TDI once they figure out what they’re doing. That is one detector I still would hope to get one day.

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Texas / Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’ll enjoy it especially if you like to dig deep holes! I too bought one for myself for Christmas and love it. It compliments my modded excal batting clean up for quiet sites. Don’t be afraid to use the pulse delay to quiet her down in the waves and currents and I recommend hunting with ground balance off to get the deepest targets. Also you may want to invest in the 14.8 volt custom battery to juice it up even deeper. Have fun and happy hunting! View attachment 1891529

Thanks for the info 1KYouTuber. I’m still learning the machine but already love the depth and sensitivity to small targets. I’d like to buy the 14.8 custom battery but can’t find one online. Can you suggest where I can buy one? Tt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread