pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It peeves me to no end when I have in the past seen this, and not even picking up the trash target to boot-like how much effort does it take on sand? - fields and bush on private land was the calm in the rant I found.

Then even on a return hunt to a hay field what do I see craters/dirt 2 feet around a hole. WTF!:BangHead:
Those critters of the night looking for a grub, just digging up the place that was freshly dug the day earlier.
Nothing can be done about it, just a repair job-time wasted filling in holes that one has carefully filled once before.

I think I'll try a spray bottle of something citrus to spray on the shovel plug-maybe that would deter the night diggers.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that. That's what happens when a litterbug gets a detector and it's not going to change.

Here's what happens next to a location that you use to be able to detect once these bozos detect there...

Detecting Sign.jpg

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It peeves me to no end when I have in the past seen this, and not even picking up the trash target to boot-like how much effort does it take on sand? - fields and bush on private land was the calm in the rant I found.

Then even on a return hunt to a hay field what do I see craters/dirt 2 feet around a hole. WTF!:BangHead:
Those critters of the night looking for a grub, just digging up the place that was freshly dug the day earlier.
Nothing can be done about it, just a repair job-time wasted filling in holes that one has carefully filled once before.

I think I'll try a spray bottle of something citrus to spray on the shovel plug-maybe that would deter the night diggers.
Had a guy up here hitting same colonial farm field as me - he was greedy and lazy - he would not take time to even pinpoint
and just dig huge holes - not refill thinking "its just a farm field...no one cares" BUT the farmer did care
also he would dig lot of can slaw and dump it back next to hole. Farmer was going to throw everyone out but I showd him
my pouch was full of trash and turned and point to spots i had dug - completely filled only way you could tell where i hit was from the color of the dirt - I can be in woods miles from nearest home and still fill my holes - like said ...what does it take on dry sand to give a few kicks to put back sand ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had a guy up here hitting same colonial farm field as me - he was greedy and lazy - he would not take time to even pinpoint
and just dig huge holes - not refill thinking "its just a farm field...no one cares" BUT the farmer did care
also he would dig lot of can slaw and dump it back next to hole. Farmer was going to throw everyone out but I showd him
my pouch was full of trash and turned and point to spots i had dug - completely filled only way you could tell where i hit was from the color of the dirt - I can be in woods miles from nearest home and still fill my holes - like said ...what does it take on dry sand to give a few kicks to put back sand ?
In the bush I even place the shovel plug back the right way up, then I kick some leafs over the spit as well. Just habit not a bad one I guess.
Remove the crap targets off the field at least. There's no other folks detecting my permissions so I don't have to worry about that one.
It just comes down to respect of public and private land.

cladpirate

Apr 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what happens when a hobby explodes. I have seen it before, many regulations on the way if it can’t be stopped or at least have the newcomers educated. I prefer the former option.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread