Minelab Excalibur help

TD

Greenie
Nov 13, 2007
Southeast Florida/Southeast New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
I just wanted to thank you all for the many helpful posts on Beach/Water detectors. I have read just about all them and it was very helpful in deciding on a Excal. I would consider myself a Newbie although I have a few years of detecting under my belt with, lets just say some older technology. :D I checked several of the frequently mentioned dealers and found the best price right now at Kellyco. Both the Excalibur 1000 and 800 are going for $999.95. Thank you all for the help!

Upvote 0

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Check TC Metal Detectors....Tony is also a TNET member and has given some extra attention to us TNET'rs in the past.
--Mel

borninok

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You may want to look into get one of the straight shafts. Kellyco has one version and there are 2 other I have seen online. They really can make a difference in how long you can use the machine and how comfortable it is for you.

OP
OP
T

TD

Greenie
Nov 13, 2007
Southeast Florida/Southeast New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Gold-digger, I read several of the threads discussing the straight shaft and book marked a few of the URL's. I'm sure after a few hours of playing I will be on the phone ordering one. Thanks! TD

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also suggest talking to Tony. I bought my Sov GT from him, he is the man!

Unless you plan on diving only with the Excal, order the straight shaft now, your going to need it, once you try it you will understand why we are suggesting you get it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions