Holiday hunt.. 2 silvers and an 2 aching bodies

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Holiday. Its a great opportunity to get together with friends and family for a few hours. Since I have the weekend off, Patty and I decided to skip the usual Black Friday shopping and out to go hunting instead.

We would rather fight the waves instead of the crowds and mall traffic. So we opted to take an hour drive down south hoping the front that passed through might calm down... it didn't.

Ran into some other hunters, 1 from Jersey and Gary from the area. Pleasure to meet you Gary. Keep at it, the tagets are definitely out there, and with all that wave action more being uncovered as we speak ( Lots of depositers over there too).

Waves were brutal, it seemed every spot we walked to there was a 5' wave just waiting to slam us, and the current was so strong you could barely walk backwards against it. Patty and I got knocked for a loop a few times, knocked the headphones right off.

I had some really nice signals that I just had to pass up because the waves were so close together, but I did manage to pull up these 2 goodies.

The ring is a size 13 and weights in at 22 grams.

The cross and chain are marked .925 and weighed in at a whopping 54 grams. I cant find any markings on the ring, but there's still alot of black that needs to come off. As for the chain, It needs a serious ultrasonic cleaning to get off all the tarnish. I'm not sure of the stones, don't test real for diamonds, but looks real clean, the yellow might be a citrine.

Attachments

• Lido surf 1.jpg
    Lido surf 1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Silver cross and ring 2.jpg
    Silver cross and ring 2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 232
  • $ ring 2.jpg
    $ ring 2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 234
  • cross scaled.jpg
    cross scaled.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 230
  • Lido surf 1.jpg
    Lido surf 1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Lido surf 2.jpg
    Lido surf 2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 226
  • Lido surf 3.jpg
    Lido surf 3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and that 1 pic made me want to swim back to shore.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
;)HEY Paul and Patty nice finds . I'll be heading out there Monday,I hope I have better luck than I did yesterday when I saw you ,, I was was coming up short in the wet sand big time .. Even at the shore line the waves were knocking me around a bit .. The waves out there never get that big, That was unusual. Anyway ,It was real pleasure to meet you and Patty . Hope to see you again soon.Gary Guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread