BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi everyone!

Been a while since I have been on here, a little back story.

About 2 1/2 years ago I was in a car accident 3 days after a vacation cruise to the Bahamas (yep brought the DF!) However that accident put me out of commission for hunting. I had one of my surgeries that will allow my return to the beaches but was extremely saddened to find that one of the headphones separated from the slide and the coil cord had cracked and it was no longer water proof. Basically I didn't do enough to prevent this during storage.

I have ordered the new slides and gasket for the battery box but not real sure what to do with the coil.

Can I get a new cord or is it hardwired like the headphones? Will a new Search coil come with a new cord and if so, how do I choose what coil is best as I also recently found out Whites are no more and Centreville is handling a small assortment of parts with not a lot of info as to what machines they go to.

Any help is much appreciated as I love this machine.

BD

Upvote 0

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
You might want to try a can of flex seal for your cracked search coil cable. It’s my understanding as of last month VA repair center only had one DF coil in stock. Also consider buying a used back up unit. Have seen a few in the $400+ range which will probably be close to repair parts/labor if out of warranty

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Repair the cable..I've done several excaliburs over the years.

cable for coil repair.jpg .. 1 ).jpg

(2).jpg .. 3 (1).jpg

5.jpg ....... 50.jpg

OP
OP
BallsDeep

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bought in 2012, defiantly out of warranty. I spoke to Centreville yesterday and will be shipping it for repairs. I did however also buy a Minelab 800 and will use the PI as backup.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
For future reference, I always carry my detectors on me in a backpack, put the rods, scoops, etc. in your checked bags. I've never had a problem. Oh yeah, leave the batteries also in the checked bags. I even carry the upper portion of my straight shaft with me, TSA thinks it's a cane and walk right through with it.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have broke down Explorers, Excalibur’s, and my Equinox and put them in my carryon and or checked them. Never had any problems either way.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put a CZ-20 in baggage (in a hard case) during a flight from Florida to Indianapolis and never saw it again. They pro-rated its value and only reimbursed me $500 for my loss. No doubt some employee became the new owner of my CZ-20. During another trip my machine ended up in San Juan after a flight from Indianapolis to Miami in route to the Keys, finally got it back near the end of my stay. Needless to say I drive these trips now......lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread