Garrett infinium ls

6mmslayer

Aug 17, 2019
Va
Detector(s) used
Excalibur detech coil. Tesoro tiger shark, Xp deus 2, Nokta Anfibio muli, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have some experiene with the Garrett infinium ls on highly mineralized land ? I mainly hunt the water with a excalibur but also have tesoro tiger shark. I have a chance to hunt some land in Va near Culpeper. It is Minelab country I know. Just looking to get around the 10 to 12 inch mark without breaking the bank. I had a tesoro piranah but have got rid of it years ago. Never took the time to learn the tone naunces . Love my excal but no depth in some of the black jack ground. I was looking at a used unit. Could also use it in the water and that is a plus.Figured I would ask in the beach in water forum because people would have more experience with this machine. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 1

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good PI machine in the ocean. Not sure how well you would do on land. I don't think you can adjust the ground balance, so, that will be a problem in heavy/changing mineralized ground.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used the Garrett, and the Tesoro Sand Shark in Arizona goldfields - extremely mineralized. Both suck on land. There really is no CHEAP way to hunt red clay.:skullflag:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett infinuim doesn't work well as it should be, however the manufacture did not say nothing when it released it. There is no good pi machines actually now. All are gone. I have no high hopes, my prayers is to a new powerful pi in future soon.

Hamid

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I’ve read that as soon as you get the Infinium over multiple targets, it’s very confusing. That slow audio of high low, low high would drive me nuts. I know Ron Lord had used one in the Ocean with great success. I guess out in deeper water where less junk is clumped together it may work extremely well.

Last edited:

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Maybe Casper will chime in? He has had some great success with his cz-21 in VA. Believe he was at DIV a couple years ago in Culpepper.

OP
OP

6mmslayer

Aug 17, 2019
Va
Detector(s) used
Excalibur detech coil. Tesoro tiger shark, Xp deus 2, Nokta Anfibio muli, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hard to believe how good a machine can be at a salt water beach and how much depth you can lose in this Va clay. If i was planning on doing a lot of land hunting I would bite the bullet and get a higher end pulse. I realize I will be digging all targets. Just would like to get down to the 10 to 12 inch mark. I did use a CZ 20 and was able to get to about the 6 inch mark on bullets. That ground was a little better than where I want to try. Just like the idea of waterproof pulse that could be used for more than one thing. Thanks

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one just to play with but I have too many machines in my stable now. It seems to do ok I've only used it in the water or dry sand beach. I'm an excal guy too. I'd love to see how it performs on land. I was thinking of letting it go soon since I haven't ever found the right circumstance to need it so far.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I have had zero issues pinpointing with an Infinium, at first I did but I think those that say otherwise haven't taken the time to learn the machine and don't understand how it operates or set it up correctly. Now in my opinion it does work better using the mono coils over the factory DD and using the X pattern to pinpoint is the best method. It's a super sensitive machine and just requires patience and practice, there are tonal differences in how it reacts to different materials but I pretty much dig everything because thats not always a true test of what you have detected.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I used the Infinium for years in the salt water it was OK but then the ATX came along and corrected all the short comings of the Infinium...still in salt water. I have not used either on land. The ATX is a beast and I had to use the Minelab vest when searching out of the water at low tides. The Infinium has such a mulititude of coils it made for a very versitile detector for in the water, on the wet sand and among the rocks and very uneven beach area. As with any detector each has its own strengths and weaknesses, along with the working knowledge of the detectorist. If you are only going to VA for a short time, you will not have any time to "learn" a new detector. Enoy and may the good luck be on your side.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do use on land but also fresh water wading, not scuba use. It has never seen salt water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread