Garrett infinium ls
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By cudamark
  • 2 Post By Terry Soloman
  • 2 Post By Irishgoldhound
  • 1 Post By 1KBlueTuber
  • 1 Post By 6mmslayer
  • 1 Post By Tommybuckets

Thread: Garrett infinium ls

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2019
    Va
    Excalibur detech coil. Resort tiger shark
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Garrett infinium ls

Does anyone have some experiene with the Garrett infinium ls on highly mineralized land ? I mainly hunt the water with a excalibur but also have tesoro tiger shark. I have a chance to hunt some land in Va near Culpeper. It is Minelab country I know. Just looking to get around the 10 to 12 inch mark without breaking the bank. I had a tesoro piranah but have got rid of it years ago. Never took the time to learn the tone naunces . Love my excal but no depth in some of the black jack ground. I was looking at a used unit. Could also use it in the water and that is a plus.Figured I would ask in the beach in water forum because people would have more experience with this machine. Thanks in advance.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9723 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    It's a good PI machine in the ocean. Not sure how well you would do on land. I don't think you can adjust the ground balance, so, that will be a problem in heavy/changing mineralized ground.
    6mmslayer and billb like this.
    "​Jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    27164 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have used the Garrett, and the Tesoro Sand Shark in Arizona goldfields - extremely mineralized. Both suck on land. There really is no CHEAP way to hunt red clay.

Charter Member

Aug 2014
    178 times
    Garrett infinium ls:

A detector I would never buy for any reason.

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    2461 times
    Garrett infinuim doesn't work well as it should be, however the manufacture did not say nothing when it released it. There is no good pi machines actually now. All are gone. I have no high hopes, my prayers is to a new powerful pi in future soon.

Hamid
    Last edited by hamiddetecting; Mar 13, 2021 at 02:19 PM.
    Scholar
    Finds2020
    Coins usables=0
    Silver= 0 pieces
    Gold= Nothing

Jul 2013
    1931 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Garrett infinium ls

Iíve read that as soon as you get the Infinium over multiple targets, itís very confusing. That slow audio of high low, low high would drive me nuts. I know Ron Lord had used one in the Ocean with great success. I guess out in deeper water where less junk is clumped together it may work extremely well.
    Last edited by Irishgoldhound; Mar 13, 2021 at 04:35 PM.
    6mmslayer and billb like this.

Oct 2014
    New Hampshire
    Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000 Fisher cz-6a, 1265x, Whites eagle IIsl
    626 times
    Maybe Casper will chime in? He has had some great success with his cz-21 in VA. Believe he was at DIV a couple years ago in Culpepper.
    6mmslayer likes this.

us
    Aug 2019
    Va
    Excalibur detech coil. Resort tiger shark
    27 times
    Its hard to believe how good a machine can be at a salt water beach and how much depth you can lose in this Va clay. If i was planning on doing a lot of land hunting I would bite the bullet and get a higher end pulse. I realize I will be digging all targets. Just would like to get down to the 10 to 12 inch mark. I did use a CZ 20 and was able to get to about the 6 inch mark on bullets. That ground was a little better than where I want to try. Just like the idea of waterproof pulse that could be used for more than one thing. Thanks
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

us
    Mar 2015
    Bodymore, Metalland
    Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
    1782 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I bought one just to play with but I have too many machines in my stable now. It seems to do ok I've only used it in the water or dry sand beach. I'm an excal guy too. I'd love to see how it performs on land. I was thinking of letting it go soon since I haven't ever found the right circumstance to need it so far.
    6mmslayer likes this.

Sponsored Links