I'll Be Taking a Trip to Miami and The Keys In May.. Advice Anyone?

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a long time since I've gone to Florida and even longer to the Keys. The family and I will be there mid May. Probably won't have too much time to detect but my Nox IS a memeber of the family.. lol. I'm not a beach hunter. Only detected the beach 2 times. Any advice from the pros out there is appreciated. I'm not expecting to find gold or pirate treasure. If anyone in the area(s) is willing to meet up send me a message. Glad to finally be swinging again up here. Good luck and happy hunting everyone.

Upvote 0

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
.......Leave all your jewelry at home except your high school graduation ring. If you loose it somebody will come along, find it and track you down to give it back....

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take me with you, please! I'm small and I pack easy. :laughing7:

Lol wish I could bigscoop but I dont have people sized luggage..

.......Leave all your jewelry at home except your high school graduation ring. If you loose it somebody will come along, find it and track you down to give it back....

ooh Fat I never received a class ring. I only wear my wedding ring and first ring I found with a detector. But hey if I find a class ring I'll try to return it.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
downloadj.jpg

Sandmaniac

Jan 23, 2007
Rehoboth Ma.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detected Miami beach 2 summers ago, the sand is very clean; but I'm used to detecting RI. and Ma. beaches which are much more of a challenge. Between The Clevelander Hotel and the end of the strip is where massive amounts of people layout on the sand. You may have some luck but this area gets hit hard in the morning, so get out early if you can. If you don't have that much time stay on the soft sand and maybe you'll grab a ring or 2.

Good luck

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bring a sand scoop.
Pinpointer also helps me quickly find targets at the beach, I see some guys spend minutes at a time redigging, kicking around sand ect and I find mine in seconds.

I reckon you can expect alot of competition and alot of trash, so be prepared for both [of course, good form to take trash with you and dispose of properly] Can add up quick so be prepared with a pouch or something, if you only have Speedos on you'll be at a disadvantage.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you need to earn some brownie points with the family while down there, stop at "Robbie's" and feed the tarpon. Y'all will have a fun time. It's at 77522 Overseas Hwy on Islamorada.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
5 or 6 years ago took that same drive - had to pick-up my newly modded Excal from Kellyco (I'm a 40 year fan of them, got my first detector from them). Met a few friends there, and then went over to the West Coast to meet another friend, then drove back home to Virginia.

That was a great adventure I will never forget! Sure was a long drive though :(

I did hit the water on both coasts :)

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida has beaches and they are the spots to go to to find rings and jewelry you will like it

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and hope that you hit big gold ,,Let us know how you did

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20210518_081148_HDR.jpg

Well everyone, the family and I have had a blast in Florida the last week. Lots of sight seeing swimming and good eating. Detecting time was limited as I was expecting. Did 3 hours total at Miami beach in the dry sand. Lots and lots of trash, clad and lead sinkers. No jewelry in Miami. This morning I got out to the beach in Key West at 7:45. Within 30 minutes I found this sweet little Silver Pandora ring. Thought for sure it was gonna be a clad dime. Really glad to have found somthing down here. I can go months or more in the park without a silver ring. So the time to trash to treasure ratio was good to me. Looks like I'll be getting a nice scoop and seeing if my wet suit still fits for some beach hunting back home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread