A small lead for some Water Hunters..

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
19 hours ago...Fox News Channel.

"I used to work at a county park on the Snake river. Every summer someone would come to me in a panic because they went swimming and lost a ring of some sort. One year I had a woman screaming at me to drain the swimming area because she lost a $5000 wedding ring. I couldn't help but laugh because the swimming area was just a roped off area of the Snake river."

The River's low, get ya' some.
stoneshirt.

Upvote 0

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean the Snake river in Idaho and Oregon, USA?

OP
OP
S

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Niffler...Hi.
I just copied that article off Fox News Channel.That's all I know.The next thing would be to do RESEARCH into County Parks on the River.The Snake River is the Snake River.

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow try to get out there in a hurry

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Niffler...Hi.
I just copied that article off Fox News Channel.That's all I know.The next thing would be to do RESEARCH into County Parks on the River.The Snake River is the Snake River.

No need to get uppity, why not post the link ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Snake River is a major river of the greater Pacific Northwest region in the United States. At 1,078 miles long, it is the largest tributary of the Columbia River, in turn the largest North American river that empties into the Pacific Ocean.

See if I detect 5000ft a day.........gee only 3 yrs......

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Snake River is a major river of the greater Pacific Northwest region in the United States. At 1,078 miles (1,735 km) long, it is the largest tributary of the Columbia River, in turn the largest North American river that empties into the Pacific Ocean.[9] The Snake River rises in western Wyoming, then flows through the Snake River Plain of southern Idaho, the rugged Hells Canyon on the Oregon–Idaho border and the rolling Palouse Hills of Washington, emptying into the Columbia River at the Tri-Cities, Washington.
Good luck with this!

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be crazy but I feel ok and so do I but, there's something about that story I think I heard almost verbatim maybe a year or more ago. I missed it so was it an interview with someone? What's puzzling is the part about wanting him to drain the swimming area was exactly how I heard it before. But like I said I may be crazy.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Googling "I used to work at a county park on the Snake river. Every summer someone would come to me in a panic because they went swimming and lost a ring of some sort" turns up only the OP's post, apparently not on the "fox news channel".

About a 1,600 mile round trip for me so I think I'll pass anyhow.

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Googling "I used to work at a county park on the Snake river. Every summer someone would come to me in a panic because they went swimming and lost a ring of some sort" turns up only the OP's post, apparently not on the "fox news channel".

a 34 1/2 hour ride for me so... I'm out!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a 34 1/2 hour ride for me so... I'm out!

We can carpool, road trip, live stream it !
Oops no on 2nd thought, probably would not be worth the gas $$.

OP
OP
S

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003

It was on the Fox News Channel,Buttwad..............stoneshirt.

OP
OP
S

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
The Snake River is a major river of the greater Pacific Northwest region in the United States. At 1,078 miles (1,735 km) long, it is the largest tributary of the Columbia River, in turn the largest North American river that empties into the Pacific Ocean.[9] The Snake River rises in western Wyoming, then flows through the Snake River Plain of southern Idaho, the rugged Hells Canyon on the Oregon–Idaho border and the rolling Palouse Hills of Washington, emptying into the Columbia River at the Tri-Cities, Washington.
Good luck with this!

Thank you,Mr Wiki. How many Spots on the river have a swim-able section,and a COUNTY PARK,and a Road leading into it....?? Google THAT!.......................stoneshirt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003

Google this...$#%$$........"RESEARCH" LEADS TO A GREAT DETECTING SPOT.......stoneshirt.

OP
OP
S

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Good luck with this!

Thank you,Mr. Wiki..................................stoneshirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread