Picking an affordable sand scoop

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the RTG sand scoops, I see the holes are 5/8, anyone have problems with stuff falling through that size holes? And anyone using there new
THE BLADE ALUMINUM BEACH SCOOP?
you can add gutter mesh to the bottom 1/5 of the scoop, it would even catch diamond studs then, I did that to my RTG Beach Brute, found 6 diamond studs so far with it.

cladpirate

Apr 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive had 3 friends over the yrs with wooden handles that ended up breaking over the yrs
I’ve spent more money on handles than scoops, I guess I like to really man handle them. I finally was fed up and went carbon fiber and knock on wood, longest I have ever owned one yet.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet to break one with wooden shovel handle myself.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't help but think that guys who break wood handles perhaps have them cut 1 or 2' too long for unneeded convenience, mine has lasted 5 years and is almost impossible to snap

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the RTG beach brute style with the long curved handle..I like this style as I place the long handle under my inner arm for leverage..It’s so so much easier than using your foot.Not to many places will fabricate a handle like that..It’s just what the individual is used to

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread