Carrot at the Beach - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Carrot at the Beach

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    17967 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    dont know if i had anything to do with it - but i wrote Garrett right after they came out with the regular black pinpointer and i water proofed mine
    told them if they made a water proof model they would sell tons - wrote them a few times
    and then ta da we got one
    i love mine for muddy farm fields
    Irishgoldhound and BallsDeep like this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Equinox 800
    593 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Manning View Post
    I don’t see the point of one at the beach, a sand scoop lets you shake the sand and reveal the target
    Not often the case, depending on size of target, pin pointer definitely speeds up recovery.. Have mine on a retractable key ring attached to my belt loop. Use it for almost every scoop.
    BallsDeep likes this.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

gb
    I'm the best eva, the most vicious brutal champion eva.

Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    561 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I don't like the falsing the carrot gives, so I use my Minelab pointer.

Matt
    BallsDeep likes this.

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 w 11" and 15" coils, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35, Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil
    1880 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Have a GC and use it all the time searching the sides and bottom of dug holes in dirt and when pinpointing very small things, like diamond ear ring studs, in the sand. I'm lost without my pointer and find it a real time saver in dirt and in sand. Gone through half dozen pointers in past few years; lost 2 out of back of truck, had 3 Fisher F pulses all fail, even bought a Chinese knock-off to compare to GC, it doesn't. I find the Garrett Carrot one of the best all around pointers that is waterproof on the market.
    Now that Wife is happy with large diamond ring found last year, I search for happiness and find it every time I go metal detecting.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Equinox 800
    593 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebigd81 View Post
    I don't use the lanyard I just throw it in my pocket. I don't see how you could possibly lose it unless you forget to pick it up after digging but even then it's in my hand I recover the target and the carrot goes back in my pocket
    For me, not concerned with losing, its convenience. Sometimes back in the pocket, sometimes let it hang depending the situation
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Equinox 800
    593 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LawrencetheMDer View Post
    Have a GC and use it all the time searching the sides and bottom of dug holes in dirt and when pinpointing very small things, like diamond ear ring studs, in the sand. I'm lost without my pointer and find it a real time saver in dirt and in sand. Gone through half dozen pointers in past few years; lost 2 out of back of truck, had 3 Fisher F pulses all fail, even bought a Chinese knock-off to compare to GC, it doesn't. I find the Garrett Carrot one of the best all around pointers that is waterproof on the market.
    Ditto

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    4150 times
    Metal Detecting
    I currently have 2 pinpointers, the carrot and the one from the makers of Simplex.
    That one is nice but it is a behemoth, dwarfs the carrot, which I considered large until now. It has the coil attachment which I can see coming in handy in certain situations but have not used it yet.
    Am tempted to try a minelab but a slew of negative reviews about its durability and ergonomics always makes me think twice. Deus pinpointer looks nice and would be a no brainer if I has a Deus [used to], but I think its overpriced for someone who doesn't have a Deus and it was pretty much tailor made for deus owners.

Carrot has seen nearly 5 years of rough use and still going strong. Had to do 2 speaker replacements, very easy and cheap. I'm thinking sand/dirt/moisture must be creeping in and eventually fries the little piezo speaker.
    BallsDeep likes this.

us
    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
    9240 times
    At the beach, if it's going to fall through the holes in my scoop then I don't want it anyway.
    lookindown and BallsDeep like this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    4794 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Love my Garret Carrot...absolutley dont need it at the beach.
    BallsDeep likes this.

us
    Apr 2012
    Eastern Florida
    Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett AT Pro
    195 times
    Fired off a couple questions to Kellyco, here is the reply.

"Here is the answer to your question posted on March 25, 2021 regarding Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Waterproof Pinpointer.

Question:
    I have a Minelab 800, will this pin pointer pair up to the Minelab wireless headphones? also I see another Garrett Pin pointer, what's the difference?

Answer:
    It will not pair with the 800, Z-lynk technology is different than Bluetooth. At this time there is not a pinpointer that will pair with the wireless headphones. One Garrett pinpointer has Z-lynk, one does not.

Thank You,
    Kellyco Metal Detectors"

bummer too as I was really wishing I had one with me this weekend, spent some time fighting a couple holes.
    One good thing about Music, when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

Jul 2020
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Minelab Matt View Post
    I don't like the falsing the carrot gives, so I use my Minelab pointer.

Matt
    I'm guessing you didn't ground balance it? A lot of people don't realized that the Carrot's can and should be ground balanced at saltwater beaches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links