Minelab Excal & Mining For Deep Gold
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree16Likes
  • 4 Post By bigscoop
  • 5 Post By OBN
  • 1 Post By billb
  • 4 Post By bigscoop
  • 1 Post By CASPER-2
  • 1 Post By bigscoop

Thread: Minelab Excal & Mining For Deep Gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
    9240 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Minelab Excal & Mining For Deep Gold

This is how I go about finding that really deep gold with my Excal. Hope it helps!

OBN, Irishgoldhound, billb and 1 others like this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Maryland Waters
    "Excalibur".. "AQ" Impulse
    6418 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The problem some don't recognize the faints in the threshold, in the all metal setting of the excal..... One reason I say that there was a guy doing a video compare of the Nox and Excalibur, when he was checking the target in All metal with the Excalibur he was swing right over the deep target and saying.. see it can't be heard. I'm setting there saying, dude it's right there... you can't hear it? Even with his poor coil control one could still pick out the faint (fast) ramp up, crest, then the ram down...Either his hearing was bad or the target report was not what he expected and did not recognize it.

Last year I noticed here in the bay, for every 10 hunters, 6 had Nox's..
    Blood Member of RingKeepers
    2021....Gold Rings..2 ........ Misc...0 ...... Silvers ...4

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    1521 times
    Great video and well said..I for sure will be applying your ideas this season
    bigscoop likes this.

us
    Jun 2010
    9240 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OBN View Post
    The problem some don't recognize the faints in the threshold, in the all metal setting of the excal..... One reason I say that there was a guy doing a video compare of the Nox and Excalibur, when he was checking the target in All metal with the Excalibur he was swing right over the deep target and saying.. see it can't be heard. I'm setting there saying, dude it's right there... you can't hear it? Even with his poor coil control one could still pick out the faint (fast) ramp up, crest, then the ram down...Either his hearing was bad or the target report was not what he expected and did not recognize it.

Last year I noticed here in the bay, for every 10 hunters, 6 had Nox's..
    I've been playing with a Nox and it's not anything close to the Excal when it comes to getting below that common ground. I can see where guys who want to cover a lot of ground and/or coin shooters would really like the Nox. I'm of the conclusion that most detectorist simply aren't wanting to do all of the required chasing and digging and there's been a lot of times after a full day's hunt that I can't say that I blame them. I just got out of the water again today, 3 fakers, a couple of nasty silver coins, and a boatload of fishing weights and other badly corroded and tarnished trash. I'm whipped and not a single piece of gold.....lol
    OBN, billb, Irishgoldhound and 1 others like this.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    17967 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Most of the gold & silver in this vid were found at spots that were thought to be cleaned out
    most were hammered by Excal users back then - most cranked their disrim. so they were trying to
    go just for the good stuff - I hit these spots in all metal - very few spots had a lot of trash as you will see -
    most of the gold is "old gold" and was over a foot - foot and a half down ...so was the silver
    I hunt in all metal 99% of the time and I try to slow down - I run with my sensitivity high
    I go after the whisper signals - i get the slightest fluctuation in by back ground tone and I will always give
    the spot a quick scoop and recheck or usually i will give a quick fan with my dive boot and recheck
    most of the hunters up here take out there junk - so it makes a lot of spots easier to go for the deeper stuff
    When hitting far from home I know its not easy to pull everything out and to slow down due to limited time
    but places that you hit often or are close to home - you definitely should

I am not retired and most of the beaches i hit that year were 1 1/2 - 2 hrs drive away
    Last edited by CASPER-2; Mar 28, 2021 at 05:18 AM.
    billb likes this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    Jun 2010
    9240 times
    I think most Excal users treat the machine like a simple turn-on-and-go detector and then they never try to go beyond that. I say this because whenever I tell people that the Excal has a long and difficult learning curve they look at me like I'm crazy..... On the other hand, I'll never forget that first truly deep gold ring I recovered after chasing just a tiny threshold disruption. I couldn't believe it, the thought that I had been using the machine for so long without every truly knowing it's full potential. That day was the game changer for me......a 1931 10k class ring at around 16-18 inches from a really cleaned out beach bottom, the complete lack of targets the only reason I had decided to chase that faint threshold disruption. It was quite the eye opener, for sure.
    billb likes this.

Sponsored Links