Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I went to the coast early this morning in search of treasure. Gnats were especially bad today, they ran me off of the area I wanted to hunt. I went about a mile down the coast and found a stretch of beach that had enough wind to keep the Gnats at bay.

I was about knee deep and got a jumpy 6/7 signal when I looked in the scoop I had my first gold class ring. I could see engraving on the inside but couldn’t make it out, so I put it in the pouch and continued to hunt. A little later I had a 30/31 high tone and pulled out a silver ring, after that I also found a stainless spinner ring. Ended the hunt with 3 rings and about two dollars in clad.

Once I got home I was able to use a magnifying glass to read the inside of the gold ring, it had a ladies complete name on the inside. I did some research on the internet and found what I felt was the owner of the ring. I called her and left a message letting her know I found something she might have lost.

She returned my call shortly and I was able to verify her maiden name and year she graduated high school, then I asked her if she had lost her class ring and she said yes she had. I told her that i had found it in the Gulf of Mexico and that I wanted to return it to her. She couldn’t believe that the ring she lost 18 years ago had been found.

We are going to meet up when I go back on Thursday, I told her the only thing I would like is a picture of her with her class ring so I can add it to my post. She agreed and told me she was going to call her mother and give her the good news.

Sorry for the long post. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Done I think honorable mention thanks again for sharing this with us