Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not a local but If I were going to be there I would be on the bay side in the water. You will need waders and some dry gloves. Water temps should be in the 60's soon.

OP
OP
sphillips

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a local but If I were going to be there I would be on the bay side in the water. You will need waders and some dry gloves. Water temps should be in the 60's soon.

Thx OBN, didn’t come prepared for that. Besides, I’m a Floridian, don’t handle cold very well.����

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in ancient times when I lived there (early 1970's) I had good success at Dam Neck if you're ocean hunting and can get on the base there.......and at Ocean View on Chesapeake Bay by where the old Amusement Park was. I used to live just down the street right on the beach. I can get you an address of where a navy plane crashed in the shallow water (almost in my back yard!) if you want to find plane parts, of, If you want to avoid that area!

OP
OP
sphillips

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx to all for the suggestions. Should be at one these locales tomorrow or Tuesday. Thx again!

OP
OP
sphillips

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in ancient times when I lived there (early 1970's) I had good success at Dam Neck if you're ocean hunting and can get on the base there.......and at Ocean View on Chesapeake Bay by where the old Amusement Park was. I used to live just down the street right on the beach. I can get you an address of where a navy plane crashed in the shallow water (almost in my back yard!) if you want to find plane parts, of, If you want to avoid that area!

Hit Ocean View yesterday morning. Quarter, dime, 4 pennies, toy car, and a spoon. Will try Virginia Beach tomorrow, possibly Dam Neck

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just need to do a door knock a farm house and see if a permission could be had to play in some red dirt. Never know in this game what will be found.

"Hello-I'm thinking that you've been asked a 1000 times before-but do know of the history of your fields"?
"WHY"?
"Just in visiting family and need some playtime in the dirt".................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread