Full face mask

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a Deep Sea o2 full face mask for a Birthday gift. It seems very well made and provides a tight seal even with a full beard. They claim "Safest intake system. Lowers co2 build up and increases o2 intake". This will be used only while waist,chest and neck deep hunting I was hoping someone has used this and could provide a review. I was planning on getting a frameless mask that would work well with a beard but my wife surprised me with this
Thanks.

Upvote 0

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used that make and model but I got a similar full face mask snorkel to use in the river I was hunting a couple years ago (Where I got the ring that was a banner find ha ha). Mine worked awesome even in the crazy current. My old traditional style mask kept getting ripped off by the current, so I had to go for the new style, and I love mine, stays on and protects my face from freezing cold water.

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought a full face mask several years ago and I paid over $100 for it. It did not work with my full beard. With a mustache, all you have to do is shave a little bit under your nose and a regular mask will work. If you look at a mask you'll see the very small area under the nose that seals it. Every time I go water hunting I shave under my nose and the area on the side of my eyes where the mask seals. If you aren't using a mask you miss so many little things that fall through the scoop holes. Besides you can see paper money and sunglasses laying on the bottom. Also you can dig your targets a lot faster. Once you wear a mask and snorkel you'll never go back to being a dryhead.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF its leakin wear the hair is, smear a little vaseline on it that should help. Dont forget to wipe your face where ur done diving somebody might get the wrong idea

L

l2hunt

I've been using the full face mask, maybe a couple dozen times and i do like it, however, it's more buoyant than the regular face mask, you'll notice this if/when you try and get a lower position in the water, it's just a little tougher stay down longer i feel, just my two cents. HH

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are not good for fanners - you will not get any bottom time with one - they are great in the colder months
I would bet my house that I was the first person in the US to get one when they came out
I had been following its development in Europe for yrs and when i saw they were going on the shelves
in France Spain and Portugal my Gf contacted a cousin to get one for me and bring it over
- be careful - many rip off China companies out there that are unsafe and do not expel CO2 properly and
heard of people having health issues (passing out)
short beards ive heard of guys successfully doing the vasiline thing - long beard???

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it dont look like this one - you got a copy
there are some good copies and there are some bad - usually you get what you pay for - you pay under $20
you could be taking a "water nap"
attachment.php

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you have to...just get yourself a good mask and snorkel
they make all kinds of great baffle snorkels that keep water out if you go under
they make all kinds of cool lenses for masks (advise not to go bargin basement cheap)
I have a mirrored rainbow (looks like oil slick) lens - like it cause people cant see my eyes
i can face forward and ignore people if i dont want to be bothered and still look at them
without them seeing my eyes (good for you guys that want to check out the ladies and not
looking like a perv) its also a low light lens - so good when the sun going down or if you are in shade
of tall hotels - they make color enhanced lens too that helps bring out "true" colors underwater
I have found over $300 in paper money over the yrs on the bottom and old bottles and other non metal items
i would not have found if it were not for wearing a mask
and like zigzag said - you will be able to retrieve your targets a lot faster - ask anyone that has hunted with
me - if they are not wearing a mask and i'am with halfway decent viz - i will 9 out of 10 times get double
...sometimes triple the targets they do because they have to take 4-5 scoops and i can get it on the first
try due to being able to see and sometimes youll see the target before even scooping

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have met lots of water hunters over the yrs - some are afraid to wear a snorkel
then dont - just wear a mask - if you dont like wearing it all the time...wear on your head and only use it
when you cant get the target- if that dont work for you
at very least - get some swim goggles and wear around your neck and put on when having trouble
like getting stud earrings - ive hit fresh water spots that were cleaned out and all i got
were tiny targets - small targets were falling thru their scoops - i would stick my face in
and could see a depression with scoop marks from every direction on the bottom around it
would drop down and give a slight fan of my hand and see the stem sticking up
at one spot i got a few tiny hooks, few tiny sinkers and 5 stud earrings - 3 sil., 2 gold
so wearing a mask can pay off

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is how you will see me if the water is clear and Im getting targets
attachment.php

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 some years ago I did a lot of scuba diving in the Hingham waters and in close proximity to Boston Light House. Always two single tank dives start at 8am and heading home before the heavy boat traffic. Always brought home close to thirty lobsters. At 40 ft. even with a custom made wetsuit it was very uncomfortably cold. The Deep Sea o2 mask gives a good seal while blocking the snorkle. I think I'll wear it while watching a movie and if I don't pass out, good to go lol. There are some good reviews on Utube and quoting Michael Scott (The Office) everything on the internet is true so I have nothing to worry about

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
if it dont look like this one - you got a copy
there are some good copies and there are some bad - usually you get what you pay for - you pay under $20
you could be taking a "water nap"
attachment.php
That's the one I bought and I got it because of your post. I think you might have had a picture in a swimming pool too but not sure about that. It's still in the net like package.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to try a mask also but when I get a lot of water in my ears it effects the wax and I end up not being able to hear

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to try a mask also but when I get a lot of water in my ears it effects the wax and I end up not being able to hear
full face do not cover ears - just get some swimming plugs - you should still be able to hear

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the one I bought and I got it because of your post. I think you might have had a picture in a swimming pool too but not sure about that. It's still in the net like package.

probably - first tests with it were in a hotel pool in fla. - i think i found a $10 bill on the bottom in deep end and a few room keys

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
IF its leakin wear the hair is, smear a little vaseline on it that should help. Dont forget to wipe your face where ur done diving somebody might get the wrong idea

Doesn’t the Vaseline deteriorate the seal? I had a very unfortunate Vaseline vs. latex incident many years ago. Now I avoid Vaseline around any rubber-like product.
dts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread