Are your junker rings included in your yearly total?

Dirtpyrat

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2021
McAllen TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Tesoro Eldorado
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,
I have seen detectorist on different forums count the number of rings they find for a particular year and also set themselves a number goal. My question is would you count the junkers or just the ones made of precious metals? I have found 3 rings since March at the beach, one junker and 2 silver. Thank you all for the forum and collective knowledge.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what if you find a tungsten with with thin thin thin real gold line in it
or like my friend who found a tungsten with a real diamond in it ?

I've found several TC's with either a precious metal band inlaid into it, or with real diamonds. Some sold new for almost a thousand dollars!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Like Claire I count them all as rings, because they are. I also break them down by gold, silver and other. My passion is beach hunting and finding a piece of jewelry someone has lost is always a thrill no matter what it is made of. Precious metals are always more exciting to find but I still enjoy seeing a ring in the scoop even if it’s a junker.

Drew61

Feb 23, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one ring with a meteorite. It rang up like iron.....mostly. Found an iridium ring once too. That metal is worth more than gold and palladium!

How was the iridium ring marked?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

IRID

Rare but I have found two marked IRID PLAT. Both of the rings were older.. maybe 40/50's. See if I can get a picture of one, which my daughter claimed.

Junk rings, I either trash or take them to a local beach (drop) then let some one else find them and get excited.

Gold Toe rings fall into the Category of Misc Gold. Like ear rings, chains, pendants. If the gold ring is a full circle it gets counted, no matter the weight or size.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

IRID PLAT

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• OBN0360.jpg
    OBN0360.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

roger b

Feb 16, 2013
I am kinda new at this. So if only count gold rings. When coin hunting I only count silver dollars and key dates? Relic hunting only count GW buttons? Field hunting only count US/ CW belt plates with the belts still attached

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I am kinda new at this. So if only count gold rings. When coin hunting I only count silver dollars and key dates? Relic hunting only count GW buttons? Field hunting only count US/ CW belt plates with the belts still attached

Everyone has a different agenda's, do what you feel is best for you.

My opinion, I see gold in a class all by itself.

NOTHING can be counted as Golds equal, or be counted as the same. Pirates Code, #2... of the "Articles Of Agreement" Laurens de Graaf

roger b

Feb 16, 2013
I thought the question was number of rings in total count. I understand. The number of gold rings. Where we hunt happy to find any ring

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the question was number of rings in total count. I understand. The number of gold rings. Where we hunt happy to find any ring

Question was "do you count junk rings or just ones out of precious metals". I personally don't even count coins unless they are silver or gold, but that is just me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions