Detecting MO's Streams and Rivers

Capncrunch

Mar 25, 2020
KCMO Area
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 5000, Fisher F22, Quest X10, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question: When I was in college in Central MO, we found several clear, shallow, rock (gravel?) bottomed streams. Would these be worth pursuing for detecting? Would it be best to stay near bridges/crossings, or? Can anyone advise me on the best WAYS to detect both rock and mud-bottom streams (as most are mud-bottomed, closer to where I live)? Is everything potentially old most likely already washed away, by flooding?
I have a Simplex+, so water is not a problem for my equipment...
Thanks for any ideas/tips!

Upvote 0

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would do some research and find out what areas were inhabited along the creeks in the early days, old cabins sites, etc

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you trying to find? Swimming holes are good for jewelry and coins. Building/dock/ferry crossing/battle sites would be better for relics. Some old maps and local history research is the ticket here. You won't know about bottom conditions until you step into the river. Good Luck!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuda is spot on. Know what you're going to be looking for beforehand and then research, research, research! The oldest places that still experience some use are generally more productive for a wider range of targets but they are also typically a lot trashier. Just comes with the territory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions