cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're pretty much worthless in wet salt water areas. Dry sand, no problem. Wet sand and water, it'll just squawk.

dentron

Greenie
Dec 20, 2022
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites, metal detectors, and Garrett AT PRO
They're pretty much worthless in wet salt water areas. Dry sand, no problem. Wet sand and water, it'll just squawk.
can you use the 5500/D whites metal detector in freshwater creeks will they work and are they submergible? I just actually recently bought one just to try the old analog style.

dentron

Greenie
Dec 20, 2022
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
i’m wondering if the 5500/the white series 3 coin master that I just picked up which is an analog because I’m wanting to learn how to use one will work in freshwater creeks is it submersible I would like to know also if I can have a place I can pick up some type of a headphone, adapter jack thing that will let me use the newer style headphones and also if there’s any type of coils that you can get that will help you go deeper that will interchange with it and where to get this stuff and it also has a cracked plexi glass on the dialogue screen I have not used it yet I’m getting ready to go pick up batteries for will this hurt the machine and not let it work I know I shouldn’t get it in water that part I just want to submerge the coil.

dentron

Greenie
Dec 20, 2022
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
can you use the 5500/D whites metal detector in freshwater creeks will they work and are they submergible? I just actually recently bought one just to try the old analog style.
are you saying it’ll only squawk if it’s salt, water and sand or are you saying fresh water and sand? It will not work what about fresh water and cobble stone and rock and dirt like in creeks here in ky! I haven’t tried it yet and I also don’t even know if you can submerge it. Do you know much about these? I’m used to my Garrett AT PRO

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will depend on which coil you're using. Most modern coils are submersible. which one are you using? Fresh water should be no problem for the machine, it's the salt water that is a problem for all single frequency detectors. Your AT Pro won't do well in the salt either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread