Car keys while water hunting - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Car keys while water hunting

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mike

Jan 2021
    Central Texas
    Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
    19 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You can also buy a lock that goes into your receiver hitch that does the same thing.
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    4822 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Put it under the edge of my back bumper...bend down putting on my water shoes and stick it under there so I dont look suspicious.
    Blak bart likes this.

RTR
    us
    Roger. USAF Vietnam war Combat Vet

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    20844 times
    Many years ago I dropped my keys while getting out of my boat.They fell just between the boat & dock in 12 ft. of water. The key ring had 20+ plus keys on it To 2 businesses,3 cars,2 homes & on & on.
    I marked the exact spot on the dock where they went in.Called a dive buddy who came w/in a few minutes and after a 1/2 hr dive ....no keys
    Long story short it cost a fortune in Locksmith fees for all new locks . I'll Never do that again !
    Blak bart likes this.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    86382 times
    Belt dry box... along with wallet ,, lighter and smokes.
    Blak bart and SusanMN like this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - HAVE PERMISSION - FILL HOLES - DISPOSE OF TRASH. The Random Chat Thread---> http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Feb 2015
    South East Florida
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Minelab Excalibur II
    75 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Crap NJ View Post
    Most newer car won't allow you to lock the keys in the car and use the emergency key off the fob. Just go and buy a realtor lock box for 17 dollars online 20 Home Depot. Lock it around the one of the many tie down locations at the back of the car. Just place the key in there while hunting, its all locked up and safe. This is what surfers have been doing for years!
    I super appreciate everyone's feedback. I never though about actually locking it to one of the tie downs. I bought a magnetic box, but definitely like the idea of it being locked to something. Thanks again for all of the amazing suggestions and great Laughs...... and its not a FORD don't worry
    Blak bart likes this.

Jul 2013
    1985 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Put mine along with my phone in a water proof iPhone case and hang around my neck.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    86382 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Many years ago I dropped my keys while getting out of my boat.They fell just between the boat & dock in 12 ft. of water. The key ring had 20+ plus keys on it To 2 businesses,3 cars,2 homes & on & on.
    I marked the exact spot on the dock where they went in.Called a dive buddy who came w/in a few minutes and after a 1/2 hr dive ....no keys
    Long story short it cost a fortune in Locksmith fees for all new locks . I'll Never do that again !
    So... your fix for this next time.

There is this fancy thing called a MAGNET.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - HAVE PERMISSION - FILL HOLES - DISPOSE OF TRASH. The Random Chat Thread---> http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

RTR
    us

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    20844 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    So... your fix for this next time.

There is this fancy thing called a MAGNET.
    He used one but zero vis & 5 plus feet of river muck was too much for that 'fancy thing'

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    86382 times
    He used one but zero vis & 5 plus feet of river muck was too much for that 'fancy thing'
    a large one tied to a rope... dip dip BING !
    RTR likes this.

RTR
    us

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    20844 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    a large one tied to a rope... dip dip BING !
    The marina attendant let me use one ,I did that dip dip thing before he got there and no BING Maybe a sturgeon had it for lunch
    AARC likes this.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    86382 times
    The marina attendant let me use one ,I did that dip dip thing before he got there and no BING Maybe a sturgeon had it for lunch
    OR... the slim chance your "split ring" was stainless... and nothing else on your ring was magnetic... keys are not... they are generally brass...even if they dont look it... they are plated brass.
    RTR likes this.

us
    Sep 2011
    ft laud, fl
    CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
    116 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I keep my chipped ignition key in my swim suit pocket and have never lost it or had a problem with the chip. I also use a small magnetic box for my ignition key only and keep it in the gas filler cavity. If it falls off, which it never has, it's still behind the gas filler door. Ed

us
    Aug 2012
    Southern New Jersey
    Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
    9 times
    I keep my keys and my phone in a water proof bag that is tethered to my fishing vest that I wear and put the bag in a zippered pocket of that vest. My phone is water proof to a degree in case a emergency arises and I need to call for help cause you never know...

us
    Aug 2014
    hialeah fl
    minelab safari/cz-21 /bounty hunter quick draw
    55 times
    i put them under my hat
    HenryWaltonJonesJr likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links