Update on a fellow hunter

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
todays update on scuba detector (Robert) from his daughter.

NEW UPDATE 7-25-21 ScubaDetector
8am ?
7/25 Update
Our dad coded early this morning. We got the call at 5:45am. He is still hanging on. My sister Shelly and I called all family and then rushed over to the hospital. We are still fighting with them to allow us to see our dad. We've been sitting in the parking lot since. Just waiting for the call.
To the gentleman in the white F-150 hauling Foam board who stopped and gave us a hug, I am so sorry we didn't catch your name, but that truly meant so much to us. So thank you, and we hope you have an amazing day!! - Seana

0930 update:
. Hi, I’m one of Robert’s AKA scuba detector daughters. My sister was called at 3 am this morning with the most horrific news we could ask for. My dads lungs are too scared for him to recover. He is still alive but they had to put him on a paralytic so they can keep his oxygen up. The scars are too bad and not allowing oxygen through.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not good news.

Attachments

• 4D1447D5-A749-4F18-BEB3-CA3456BF53E8.png
    4D1447D5-A749-4F18-BEB3-CA3456BF53E8.png
    944.9 KB · Views: 329

sonnar28

Dec 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I could say something to make your pain better. I will pray for all of your family.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry to hear this, my sincere condolences to the family.

I've been steadfast in getting the word out on the dangers of Covid and will continue the good fight and received a heartfelt message from a member on here saying that my posting on Covid helped in making their decision to get the vaccine. Though even a vaccine doesn't guarantee your complete safety, it's the best tool we have to fight it at this time. Some too can't get the vaccine due to underlying health reasons, so we all need to be mindful of these folks, so that we don't unnecessarily expose them to risk.

Thanks also goes out to all the medical workers who are busting their butts to help save people, they are truly heroes!

Last edited:

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So horrible. Such a senseless death at this point in the game.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all the great posts my friend...rest in peace !!

OP
OP
B

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well " COVID after" will probably fit here in this report where as one of our fellow metal detector friends has moved on to the land of great detecting.
Robert "Scuba detector" has moved on after the long fight with covid. Bless you my friend.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robert is/was an active member of another detecting forum I am a Mod on.

He has always been so helpful to everyone he comes across!

Such a very sad situation for his family.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences as well!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you and yours in my thoughts and prayers

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wishing diver and family and friends peace in the quiet. And calm emotional seas to follow.

OP
OP
B

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The final word from his daughter: Just updated by Robert's daughter ScubaDetector
13m ?
Dad passed away peacefully a little after noon. Our hearts are broken deeply. As he always said "live your best life", and that, he most definitely did!! Ironically enough, today marks the 15 year anniversary that we lost our mom, his beloved wife Alison!! I have no doubt in my mind she welcomed him with the happiest of smiles and the biggest damn hug possible!! I am so thankful to have had the best father out there! The most humble, caring, compassionate, goofy, big hearted man ever!! He will be greatly missed by all!! We will be transporting our dad to Utah where he will be buried next to mom. We plan on holding a celebration of his life out here once that has taken place. His memories and infectious laugh will live on forever. Again, if you have anything to share about my dad, please send it to [email protected]. Thank you!! ❤��❤ -

OP
OP
B

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not aware of this thread, I have been posting data on this situation on another thread here. My feelings are that if there was a thousand threads on this friend it would still fit our need to pay tribute to a great fellow and friend to the metal detecting community.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RIP Scuba. Sad news indeed.

Top Member Reactions