Darin Putman

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2020
Killen, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tiger shark/ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I took my tiger shark to panama city along with my nox 800. Everyone tells me that the tigershark is no good in salt water but I had to try it out. Found bobby pins clad and some bottle caps. No prior experience in salt water but as long as detector was submerged it seemed fine to me. If it was halfway out the surf would cause it to be noisey as the waves hit.
Is this normal, when folks say not to take it I figured wouldn't work good at all but I kinda enjoyed the way it performed. My nox also made noise as the surf hit it and I wouldn't take the control box under.
I have tought of getting an excaliber would performance be that much better as I normally only hunt freshwater. Any suggestions from experience would be helpful.

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
My Fisher PI does it and it's Normal for a Excalibur to make noise in the splash area, But I fixed that on my excalibur.. Close to Silent now. Working on #2

now that I like it so much, with a few new adjustments....I've always had issues when I get to the beach,.. you never know where your going to find the

good area, in close, waist deep, neck deep. In close and waist deep if the water is rough its a royal pain, having to deal with the noise .. Out deep noise is not

bad unless it is banging. So after running the excalibur inside the drysuit a few times I seen how much noise I could eliminate.

My buddy Scott use to say, wow ..once the water calmed, targets started coming up everywhere.....

And it is true, calm water is so different then rough. So one of my Excalibur's runs the same in all water conditions. And Now working on another.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20210626.jpg
    20210626.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 10789.jpeg
    10789.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 191

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, water hitting coil cord where it enters the coil. My equinox and excal do that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread