E trac X-1, SEF 8x6
Excalibur II
Equinox 800
ATX
AT pro
White's 5900 Dipro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just made a trip out to Florida to do some hunting and I thought I share my carry on backpack. I see this question posted quite often. I have flown all of the commercial airlines domestic and internationally with this setup. I have only been checked twice. Oakland international checked my ATX battery packs and gave me the all clear. Tampa Bay international checked my backpack, because I forgot to take out a water bottle. That was it out of 15 years of flying to treasure hunt. If I go out of the US, I take just the Equinox with the stock coil. Just to many variables or gray areas with laws outside of the US. I pack my stealth scoop with a homemade travel handle in my checked bag.

Happy hunting and find lots of treasures.

E5E32D68-DA44-42C0-8EF3-2CB81C86920B.jpeg B162EDC7-4404-4965-8A65-6716480F1759.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.Hopefully in the future when conditions improve I would like to bring a excal2 along and should I bring the coil..pod and battery and manual carry on and check the shaft and scoop

OP
OP
Ugly J

Ugly J

Greenie
Jul 12, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E trac X-1, SEF 8x6
Excalibur II
Equinox 800
ATX
AT pro
White's 5900 Dipro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.Hopefully in the future when conditions improve I would like to bring a excal2 along and should I bring the coil..pod and battery and manual carry on and check the shaft and scoop

Just watching them loading and unloading baggage is all it takes for me. I carry all the MD parts in my carry on backpack. I even carry on my full size Anderson shaft too. I just put a cane tip on the end and they never question it. I modify my stock shaft to fit, just in case I need to take it and leave the Anderson at home. My scoop and handle goes in my checked baggage. A034E3E4-746E-4EF1-8BDE-94CA7B08EDAC.jpeg

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason. Thanks for the privilege of your time and well said...
Someday taking a detector along on vacation perhaps will allow me to return home with more value

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watching them loading and unloading baggage is all it takes for me. I carry all the MD parts in my carry on backpack. I even carry on my full size Anderson shaft too. I just put a cane tip on the end and they never question it. I modify my stock shaft to fit, just in case I need to take it and leave the Anderson at home. My scoop and handle goes in my checked baggage. View attachment 1943166

Be careful on any long items that could be used as a weapon. 24" Shaft items may qualify. There is interpretations in TSA rules and there is even more issues if you fly international. I always recommend taking coils, electronics and small items in carry-on and anything club size and bigger in checked bags.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
midalake. I hope someday to travel to a beautiful place
Take care

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my carry on
i pack 2 CZ21s - upper rods go in suit case
a mask & snorkel
pair of dive boots
pair of gloves
finds pouch
bathing suit
a towel
and a shirt for the water
attachment.php

Attachments

• DC00002.JPG
    DC00002.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 128

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my suit case - with other essentials - my GF will bring all our clothes in another
attachment.php

Attachments

• CN0723.JPG
    CN0723.JPG
    347 KB · Views: 128

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper-2 very nice information also. All we need now is safer conditions

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have flown on numerous commercial airlines & cruises with detecting gear and the only one I had a carry-on problem with was with Frontier which did not allow rechargeable batteries or encased battery like on the Equinox as a carry-on. I also took my smaller sand scoop on the cruises as I saw ship security confiscate a larger scoop from some poor guy who was upset.
My advice is to check with your airline or cruise ship prior to the trip as each company has their own rules.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NowandThenTreasures. Thanks also for the advice..after driving 100 miles a day for twenty five years assembling medical devices that saves lives I finally have some time to fly somewhere but my doctor recommends not to

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I worked with a person who used to live near Cambodia..They still use detectors to search for land mines..He has seen parts of cows in trees from stepping on them..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread