Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeez !!.....well, no gold except plated pieces ?? Which I can't believe. This is the most targets I've ever dug underwater, and my pocket was like a diving lead at the end of the day....it was a long day, I got in at 10 am, and got out at 5pm !! I took a quick break when a swimmer had a heart attack....big commotion and stampede of worried people dragging him to shore...by the time I got there he was regaining consciousness and the ambulance was there real fast. I was first back in !! Also saw 2 small lemon sharks again !! 20210808_105137.jpg this is the keeper pile minus the lead. 20210808_105823.jpg at one point this big red gemstone appeared in the white sand, and I could see it twinkling in the light from far away on the white sand. 20210808_111731.jpg I think it may be a garnet, it has a couple chips in the girdle, but she's a beauty !! 20210808_105228.jpg 5 rings...1 silver toe ring, 1 silver finger ring, 2 stainless rings, and a plated toe ring. 20210808_105256.jpg also had a slew of earrings, and a nice gold plated 925 chain with religious charms. There was plenty of cheap junk jewelry but the gold eluded me. The trash pile was emmence also....ill take a pic and post it. Now I get to go and play pro ball on the treasure boat, and hope to dive for the el angel bueno, and la concepcion...1563 spanish galleons !! Wooo hooo !! Ill try and hit the swimholes a couple times before I start on the treasure boat next weekend !!
Happy hunting folks....get out there before summer is over !!

Upvote 1

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Congrats on a great haul. Do you see any competition on this beach ? (besides the mom and her daughters eye-balling a 20 and the bracelet)

Are there any special conditions that allow such hauls to accumulate there? Shallow sand over hard bottom that prevents further sinking?

The gemstone is beautiful. What a surprise to find a loose stone. Your eyesight must be perfect. Polarized glasses to cut surface glare?

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow bart, what a spot ya have!! Congrats on all the additional rings and finds. Hope your spot keeps producing for ya!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart
Got a little something 4-U to go with all your finds :) >>

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a haul for the time spent in the water, I'd think one would like a scribbled up prune after that.
Liking the eyeball gemstone find-hawk eye for sure.
Query what was the water depth you were playing in?
Congrats on the new personal total-next time you will be rewarded with the gold once again. :occasion14:

Hey pepper...somehow I missed your post...when snorkeling im from 1 foot to 6 foot....after 6 feet I need compressed air to stay on the bottom and dig.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really like the overall design/looks of that ring .Hard to tell from the pix. but what does the design look like to you ?

I think your right roger....I think its an Eilat stone roger....it has alot of facets....a faceted cabochon design with primitive silver work....I like it too, and I just polished it up !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Congrats on a great haul. Do you see any competition on this beach ? (besides the mom and her daughters eye-balling a 20 and the bracelet)

Are there any special conditions that allow such hauls to accumulate there? Shallow sand over hard bottom that prevents further sinking?

The gemstone is beautiful. What a surprise to find a loose stone. Your eyesight must be perfect. Polarized glasses to cut surface glare?

No competition megalodon...I did it for the first time a couple years ago. I've told islamoradamark about it so he's welcome to hit it if he wants but I've never seen anyone with a detector there. There is a nice layer of imported sand there and the whole spot 25 x 20 yards...it slopes off quickly to about 15 ft with a swift current on the tides. Most objects quickly sink through the imported Beach sand to a marl and gravel bottom from a few inches, up to a couple feet. Heavy golds will be on this layer. So megalodon im strictly in the water here and rarely hit the dry sand. So I eyeballed that stone underwater from quite a ways away !!.....now I do have a fancy tinted and coated mask....it does help quite a bit at improving underwater lighting 20210810_192154.jpg but remember that we are blessed with darn near perfect undewater visibility here in the keys. Now the most important factor is a restaurant/bar....with a beach swim hole. This combination is a perfect set up for lost jewelry.....I see people who never planned to get in take a swim, I see moms dump there kids here while they tan and drink pinacoladas, eventually everyone ends up in the water and it gets like a mosh pit. Drunk moms, screaming kids, and partying latins clamoring all over each other losing jewelry daily. Its the mid summer mosh pit madness at the swim hole !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow bart, what a spot ya have!! Congrats on all the additional rings and finds. Hope your spot keeps producing for ya!

Rich im gonna do an experiment and let the people party for the rast of the week and then see how much jewelry accumulates in that short time !!....how long should I wait between hunts is the question??

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart
Got a little something 4-U to go with all your finds :) >>

I'll have to play that one for the treasure boat crew roger....get us in the zone fore spanish treasure. Time to do work and get down to serious underwater detecting.... im jacked !!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another productive hunt Bart, no Spanish Silver but some interesting finds all the same. :thumbsup:
Hard to believe the rosary chain and this pendant isn't sterling silver.

Hope you and your family are all well,
Dave

Attachments

• 20210808_105256-crop.jpg
    20210808_105256-crop.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dave....the rosary chain was marked 925, and was gold plated. That pendant was a disappointment being stainless steel. Another hunter blanked 2 of my spots a couple weeks ago....he came for 4 days in a sail boat at one spot with a hookah....he did the deep with a hookah and an excal !! He did the shallows with an equinox!! He hit another spot for 2 more days !! Should be filling back up with some finds !!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Another hunter blanked 2 of my spots a couple weeks ago....he came for 4 days in a sail boat at one spot with a hookah....he did the deep with a hookah and an excal !! He did the shallows with an equinox!! He hit another spot for 2 more days !! Should be filling back up with some finds !!

Dam Pirates every where! :skullflag:

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great day! Finding all those coins is Great way to make your own weight belt underwater! Congratulations [emoji323]🍾!
Hope the heart attack guy is ok & good luck with the wrecks of El Angel Bueno & La Concepcion!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dam Pirates every where! :skullflag:

Hats off to this guy....wow !! He was hard-core I guess !! Best advice I ever herd was.....be humble, there's always someone trying harder, going further, and getting there faster !! Guaranteed !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great day! Finding all those coins is Great way to make your own weight belt underwater! Congratulations [emoji323]��!
Hope the heart attack guy is ok & good luck with the wrecks of El Angel Bueno & La Concepcion!

Thank you NowandThen...good luck to you too sir !! Happy hunting !!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Continued good luck !!!
attachment.php