Garrett/Whites BHID

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now would be a good time for Garrett to bring back a modified Whites BHID 300. A 10" Zero buoyancy bright yellow coil, a carbon fiber straight shaft with the three led red,green and yellow lights built into the top of the handle for easy viewing and a rechargeable battery pack. It uses the DFX dual frequency 3Khz. and 15Khz. I'm sure the Garrett R&D Engineers could improve its capabilities and make it waterproof to 100 ft. It would be made in the U.S.A. I'd buy one for sure

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They'd be better off coming out with some new tech, rather than bring back some old tech IMO.

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's basically the same as a Fisher CZ21 and I don't think Fisher has made too many changes to its original design. As far as being "waterproof to 10 ft., I'm sure its claim will put Minelab to shame

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think Minelab is worried one bit. If you want a deep water machine, they have the Excalibur, which is better than anything Whites or Garrett ever had for discrimination in salt water.

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had $1500.00 I would buy the Excallibur. I was hoping the the $800.00 Equinox would be waterproof as Minelab claims it to be. Obviously it is not. It's a good thing that Minelab is not an American company or they surely would be facing legal issues for falsely claiming that the Equinox is waterproof to 10 ft. it is against State and Federal laws to make false claims about a product. My Nox 800 flooded after only 4 times in waist deep water. The Minelab Service Center is experiencing a shortage of replacement pods along with other parts which are on "back order". What does that tell you? Maybe my old Whites Dual Field can sniff out some gold so I can get the Excallibur. I don't plan on wading with the Nox anymore.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Wait until the fall when Nokta comes out with their multi simultaneous water proof detector like the Nox. They say it will have the same rugged water proof housing as their simplex which to date they have not had one flooded machine reported or returned, unlike Minelabs. I totally agree, if your going to slap a label on your product and market it as a water proof unit then make it water proof and not promise your product to be something it?s not. I was really stoked about the Nox when it first came out and after all the bad experiences I said I?d wait till a more rugged design was made. So looks like Nokta might have the edge over minelab with their already better water proof design. Once their new machine is unveiled, Minelab will either have to fix their design flaw on their water proof issue or watch Nokta steal some of the sales away from the Nox.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread