Hookah

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My suggestion would be get swimming lessons first before you try and go deeper with a hookah and I'm not being a smart aleck I say this because you could step off a ledge or something and lose your mask and knowing how to swim would save your life.

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks backoftheboat for the advice i guess a wave could pull me out ...I was planning on anchoring a rope on shore so i could always pull my self in ...my dad told me to learn how to float with swimming he said u only die tired

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks backoftheboat for the advice i guess a wave could pull me out ...I was planning on anchoring a rope on shore so i could always pull my self in ...my dad told me to learn how to float with swimming he said u only die tired

Or drowned.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must learn to swim first....thats a must !! Not really optional. Please, please, learn to swim first !! You most certainly will get into life threatening situations with a hookah if you don't know how to swim. They are dangerous for people who have years of swimming experience, and even the most basic mistakes can kill you quickly !! Please please get the swimming lessons....you will enjoy them and it really is life changing when you learn to swim....then you can learn snorkeling, and the ins and outs, and rules of scuba/compressed air !! Learning to swim first will give you the best chance of success, .....or maybe just survival !!

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully you can hold your breath a long time and walk back to shore

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you can't swim stay the f outta the water....or as others suggested learn to swim, learn the basics of snorkeling/scuba, and learn procedures to practice for if something goes wrong. Otherwise you are just asking to drown.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are correct. It does not take long to learn how to swim. And sometimes even experienced swimmers and divers drown, a lot of times because they did something, well, frankly, stupid like go into a cave. A couple years ago I was detecting a beach and a guy was out in 3' water detecting for rings and such. As I was watching he disappeared! A storm had dug a huge hole in the sand and down he went in it, he bobbed back up and swam back to shore.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lessons in the pool would be a great start IMF2020. If you do it right now during the middle of summer you'll really enjoy it !! Nice and cooling the water right now !! You would pay a minimal fee and learn some techniques with an instructor, and id bet very shortly you would be gaing some real water skills. How fast you could get to a hookah/scuba level depends on the individuals skills and learning rate but most could get proficient relatively quickly....learn to swim now, and shoot for next summer to try a hookah with an experienced friend/instructor....a good goal to shoot for !!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow the advice! Being native to Florida, learning to swim was just a natural thing. I was swimming before I could walk. I know not everyone is from an area with many sources of water and maybe it's not a big thing to them but listen to yourself, you want to use an underwater rig that will be putting you in a place where you don't presently have the skills to be. Be safe, learn to swim..

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Blak bart am getting that hookan is dangerous is it more dangerous then using tanks underwater ..My dad laughing at me he said that with the many diving deaths they all knew how to swim none of them had safety lines .. My dad said knowing how to swim didn't save his life when he was trapped in a field of garbage 6 miles from land in 300 feet of water ..Do u realize 80% of the people here don't know how to swim even some fisherman just look at the numbers when ship sink here +80% die ..Should i use tanks are they a safer way we only talking 10" of water over my head ..These divers i figure are young and dumb all full of stupid ideas and i don't want to be one of them ...Thank u all for the info i better learn more first UXB's then this treasure hunting is a crazy hobby

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blak bart am getting that hookan is dangerous is it more dangerous then using tanks underwater ..My dad laughing at me he said that with the many diving deaths they all knew how to swim none of them had safety lines .. My dad said knowing how to swim didn't save his life when he was trapped in a field of garbage 6 miles from land in 300 feet of water ..Do u realize 80% of the people here don't know how to swim even some fisherman just look at the numbers when ship sink here +80% die ..Should i use tanks are they a safer way we only talking 10" of water over my head ..These divers i figure are young and dumb all full of stupid ideas and i don't want to be one of them ...Thank u all for the info i better learn more first UXB's then this treasure hunting is a crazy hobby

Tanks safer ? ? ?

Um... No.

They are not any safer... both tanks and air lines have "pitfalls"..

And um... one more thing... i dont think you meant 300 feet of water... was it 30 ?

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I have another question my dad said in southern Cebu u can walk out one click and the water only 6 feet deep but he says at times the current is 5 knots strong and knowing how to swim won't save me . How dangerous is the sea ?? ..Box jelly fish , garbage , UXB , current , bad air in tanks , this is just the stories i heard ...maybe u members have more ideas y i should Quit now

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad the tarzan type he swims in 16,000 feet of water ..he swam to a island to the east of negros the water 300 feet deep up to 600 feet deep . The point he was making was knowing how to float saved his life when he was trapped in the garbage

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Knowing how to float in water is the first lesson they teach you in learning to swim. Knowing the Ocean and knowing how to keep your head above water are skills that will definitely save your life. Most people panic in the ocean and drown from exhaustion. When they?ve been takin out to far in a rip tide, they panic and try to swim in and most times its impossible and then you drown. In this situation where you are now out too far, you want to let the rip take you out and this is where knowing how to float and not panic in the ocean is vital,..then once the rip tide has taken you out far enough where you don?t feel the rip current anymore you now use your swimming lessons to swim a good 100 metres or more to the side around where there is no rip, then swim in to shore.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
300 feet ?

Hmmm so your dad must have looked like this...

1480959555_the-deepest-dive-7.jpg

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
If u don't believe me it was on T.V. here and in the usa were they made fun of it a man trapped in garbage which they left out ..Make fun of people falling from c-130 ..This place is not like where your at u can go out 1 mile and the water 6000 feet deep we have the deepest seas in the world

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I seen my dad in waves up to 3 feet i know he once tried to swim to Apo island he said its impossible he to old ..I just asked him he said the waves were up to a foot when he was trapped thats what almost finished him off

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread