Too many rocks?

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a Cape Cod Bay beach in Brewster that has way too many rocks from small to potato size everywhere that produced a lot of false signals and gave small old rusted bits of iron a positive number. Maybe some of these rocks contain trace amount of minerals that would make it difficult for the Nox not to mention extremely hard digging. I kept moving away but many times I would get a repeatable #14, dig it and it would disappear. A lot of sand movement at all the Bay beaches exposing gravel pits. The sugar sand in Fl must be really nice. I tried different sensitivity even as low as 16. I switched recovery speed from 4 back to 6. That didn't help much either. Slim pickins only two pennies, small rusted iron bits and two pull tabs at around 10 inches. My wife insists that I go wading with it again. With my luck it will leak again. Maybe I should. It's only 1 year old on a 3 year warranty.

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php
...i was down there last weekend

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 116

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love finding rocks on my beaches. That's when I start finding the old stuff. Don't be afraid to turn the Equinox sensitivity down.....even under 10 if necessary. It will still pick up some fairly deep signals and better than getting falsies all day long. Yeah, digging in that cobble can be exhausting, but, the rewards can be worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread