Terry Shannon's book on Treasure coast beach detecting is a good read.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was wondering if Terry was going to share his vast knowledge with the rest of us and he has. This is a book for every detectorist who has dreams of Treasure Coast hunting on his vacation to Florida. Hint, take your vacations from Oct - March. This is the only hint I will reveal. Reviews of books of this nature are basically to tell you if it is good or not so good. I won't reveal what is in the book other that it condenses many years of Terry's Treasure Coast hunting and the great finds he has made and how he makes those finds. And yes he does tell you how to find areas likely to contains Spanish relics that are within a depth your detector can get a signal. Some of his methods did indeed surprise me, but I cannot argue with his many great relic finds.

I 100% recommend this book for everyone interested in beach relic hunting. Unlike a lot of metal detecting authors, Mr. Terry Shannon is quite modest when talking about his past exploits.

On Amazon printed version Detecting The Treasure Coast Terry Shannon is 15.99 and kindle version is 6.69 (with color pictures). Also there is a later version Treasure Coast: Terry Shannon july 10, 2021 with 44 more pages and I am assuming it is just a updated printed version for $15.99.

Note the color images give you a better understanding of the black sand and orange sands he talks about and are only available in the kindle version.

Upvote 0

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if Terry was going to share his vast knowledge with the rest of us and he has. This is a book for every detectorist who has dreams of Treasure Coast hunting on his vacation to Florida. Hint, take your vacations from Oct - March. This is the only hint I will reveal. Reviews of books of this nature are basically to tell you if it is good or not so good. I won't reveal what is in the book other that it condenses many years of Terry's Treasure Coast hunting and the great finds he has made and how he makes those finds. And yes he does tell you how to find areas likely to contains Spanish relics that are within a depth your detector can get a signal. Some of his methods did indeed surprise me, but I cannot argue with his many great relic finds.

I 100% recommend this book for everyone interested in beach relic hunting. Unlike a lot of metal detecting authors, Mr. Terry Shannon is quite modest when talking about his past exploits.

On Amazon printed version Detecting The Treasure Coast Terry Shannon is 15.99 and kindle version is 6.69 (with color pictures). Also there is a later version Treasure Coast: Terry Shannon july 10, 2021 with 44 more pages and I am assuming it is just a updated printed version for $15.99.

Note the color images give you a better understanding of the black sand and orange sands he talks about and are only available in the kindle version.

Thx Felix, I was hoping one day Mr Shannon would write a book

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread