SOVEREIGN XS CAME TODAY helpfull hints??

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still learning mine. I have found the stock coils to be really deep so I have to go slower to make sure the machine has time to look down between all the deep stuff and let me know what it is seeing. I just set the presets on the settings and go.

I thought you might like to see my hipmount setup. I will post more pics on the Minelab posts if you want to check them out. I have the Minelab Hipmount pouch but really didn't like it because it rides funny on a belt. I bought this nylon pouch at Lowes for 12 bucks in the tool department. It rides low on your hip making it easy to look at and adjust your settings and you can slide the unit out easily to change batteries with no problems. The pocket fits the Sovereign really great and it has a really large second pocket sitting in front of the pocket for the detector. I keep my keys and sunglasses and anything else in that second pocket. I just poked a hole in the bottom for the coil hook up. I got the totally Velcro belt at a police supply store for 7 bucks. It makes putting everything on and taking it off really easy. I have a second pouch on the belt also for my finds and it is from Kellyco, it is their 3 pocket mesh pouch for 18 bucks, a little high but it is a good pouch. I use it at the beach to let the sand fall though.

I am posting more pics of this setup on the Minelab forum posts.

Good luck with your new machine!

Jim

Attachments

• Hipmount Belt 002.jpg
    Hipmount Belt 002.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 208
OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
THANKS JIM,,, I'm taken it out this morning given it a try. I'll let you know how I did ......Guzz1

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
YEA THANKS MARK