Any suggestions for Ocean City?

O

Oddfello

Hi all- I am heading to my brothers in Md. this weekend. Both of us MD but neither of us has a lot of experience with hunting on the beach. We have a number of places lined up inland so we have only Friday night to squeeze in some time to dig sand. Is there anyone from that area or have experience with the area that can point us in the right direction? Not interested in places specifically to hunt mind you, just want information on areas where it is permitted, or not, and general areas.

Thanks
Odd

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
from what i understand you can detect anywhere on the beach in oc md. no problem. you may want to take the 40 minute trek north and check out coin beach. just a thought.

Skipper

Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Indian River Inlet on the South side along the Jetty. There is always under the board walk in OC. Mug & the Mallet, if it is still there, is a good lil break for a beer. ;)

TOWcritter

Check under the big pier down by the inlet. Thats where the "gypsys" hang out. They hang up hammocks between the pier pilings and really set up camp. Should be some good diggings there. Just get there before the sand machines do. Post your finds please. I go there every summer since I was a baby. 45 years.

OP
OP
O

Oddfello

Cool TOW. Maybe you can also tell me how feasible night hunting is. My bro lives about 3 hrs from the beach and we were planning on hunting from 6pm-10pm ish. Seeing my display is no problem (dfx), but I never tried to dig by flashlight. ;D Thanks for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread