newbies--- curing the crazy beeping machine on the beach ( high mineral areas)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
newbies--- curing the crazy beeping machine on the beach ( high mineral areas)

I find that lots of folks have problems with their detectors on beach areas and in high mineral areas espically if their lower end models and some with the higher end models too for that matter --- lots of folks try to run "full blast" maximum power / sensitivity on the beach - this can cause problems -- the dissolved minerals in the wet sand or saltwater often cause the detectors to see a "wall of metal" thus they freak out --beeping all the time or "falsing" as its known --- the cure is to settle down the machine by making it less touchy --- by backing off the power (or) sensitivity a bit and --uping the discrimation a bit --- by doing this often the machine can be smoothed out and will work ---- only use the minimum amount of discrimation needed to smooth it out however -- since the more discrimation you use the more items you tend to lose --- as a check use a nickle or gold ring to be sure you can still pick up gold items--- good luck ---

for BH knob type machines just turn it on power wise and slowly up the disc till it quiets down.
for the 250 -- run 2 bars of sensitivity
for other units --- simply adjust the settings -- lower sensitivity/ power level and raise the discrimation till it "calms" down.
hope this helps

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: --- curing the crazy beeping machine on the beach -- heres help --

once again Ivan saves the day...least for me he did... Thank you for this post I think alot have been having trouble with it..especially us newbies..I know I have had major trouble with highly mineralized sand here..

thank you again Ivan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread