What kind of depth with Minelab Excalibur vs Whites PI?

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Hi everyone I was wondering what kind of depth can one get from a Minelab Excalibur compared to a Whites Surfmaster PI? I have a PI right now and would like to get another machine and was wondering what kind of depth I could get with an Excalibur? My PI works good but I do pick up lots of small pieces of metal which can be a pain in the ass!! Does this machine take lots of time to learn? Just curious because not that great with VLF machines but I guess if I keep using it I would get used to it. Well, it would be nice to get some feed back. Thanks & Aloha ;D

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me that you are asking the same questions over and over structured in a different way. ::)

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
If all you are hunting is the dry and wet sand at the beaches stick with the PI. Yes little pieces of metal are a pain in the fanny but gold comes in little pieces along with small chains.Oh, the PI is great in the surf too. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Desertfox

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Whites BHID and really like it for the beach. It works great in most beach sands: dry, wet, surf, mineralized, etc. I don't dive or do water hunting because the Atlantic surf is too rough for my liking. But for my type of hunting the dual frequencies of the BHID make it a great beach detector.

The service you get from Whites is first class! At least in my experience with them. And the machines are made right here in the USA.

Just my two cents.

Happy Hunting!
Moe

hrjib

Greenie
Oct 17, 2007
Canal Fulton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab Eureka Gold, White pi-pro
makahaman said:
Hi everyone I was wondering what kind of depth can one get from a Minelab Excalibur compared to a Whites Surfmaster PI? I have a PI right now and would like to get another machine and was wondering what kind of depth I could get with an Excalibur? My PI works good but I do pick up lots of small pieces of metal which can be a pain in the ass!! Does this machine take lots of time to learn? Just curious because not that great with VLF machines but I guess if I keep using it I would get used to it. Well, it would be nice to get some feed back. Thanks & Aloha ;D
I also have just purchase a Pi . No chance to use it yet . Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread