Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bill,

I have only seen one old spanish find posted on Tnet lately that was said to have been from the treasure beaches and that was months ago. I am thinking that most folks that find anything in that arena aren't going to post it for several reasons, the most obvious being that they would want to keep it to themselves and I can't blame them for that.

The current problem as far as I can tell is that much of the good areas have been resanded over the past couple of years and it will take a very significant storm to unleash the treasure at this time.

I have not made a trip to the east side as of yet but one day I hope to do so. I am waiting for a more certain possibility to find something such as a period after a hurricane or tropical storm that will do some erosion.

There are a couple of beaches that I am aware of that have not been sanded but they really had no promise to start with for the type of treasure you are talking about. There is a website somewhere in the internet that will show you which beaches have been resanded and to what extent. I believe that if you Google beach sanding projects in Florida, you will probably find what I am talking of. It shows a map of Florida and also how many feet of sand was placed back on the beaches.

Good Luck,

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread