Minelab Excalibur finds diamond ring!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My Minelab Excalibur has paid for itself again with one find. This ring was about 6 inches down in the sand of a secluded beach that could only be reached by a boat. My detector is one of the first Excalibur's made and is about 15 years old and still proving its the CHAMP! If you are new to the hobby and have been trying to decide which detector to get then do what was told to me. Take a 16 penny nail and a gold ring. Take a Garrett water machine, White's Surfmaster, Fisher Aquanaut 1280X and the Minelab Excalibur. Set all for nail discrimination. Take the gold ring and slide it onto the nail and pass it under the coil of the Garrett, White and Fisher. They will discriminate the nail and the ring. The Minelab Excalibur doesn't know what a nail is so it doesn't recognize it as a target and ignores it and rings loud and clear on the gold ring. Each stone is 1/4 caret set in a 14 kt gold settting and I think its worth at least $2000. ;D I'm going to have it appraised and will post the results here. The Excalibur costs more and the price is worth it. Be sure to have a good long handled scoop because you'll need it. I dig dimes 12 to 18 inches down at the beach. :-* I recovered a pile of silver coins at New Symrna Beach after Hurricane Frances but that is another story but you can't go wrong with my choice of a water hunting metal detector, a Minelab Excalibur. :D

Harry

Attachments

• Diamond Ring.JPG
    Diamond Ring.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 511
  • Diamond Ring.JPG
    Diamond Ring.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Awesome looking ring,,, WTG!!!
My cousin has the EX II and seems to find much more silver than I do,,, Call it luck if ya want, but I think it's, as you said, do to the EX II ability to mask out the iron... He runs in iron mask mode and excepts all other signals. The machine drives me bonkers to listen to it, but he has gotten used to it...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

F

Floater

Well I just had mine fixed (bad coil) and I will say this. Even broken it found a ton of stuff. I will let you all know how I do this weekend. HH

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Hey FLauthor

Take a Garrett water machine, White's Surfmaster, Fisher Aquanaut 1280X and the Minelab Excalibur.? Set all for nail discrimination.? Take the gold ring and slide it onto the nail and pass it under the coil of the Garrett, White and Fisher.? They will discriminate the nail and the ring.? The Minelab Excalibur doesn't know what a nail is so it doesn't recognize it as a target and ignores it and rings loud and clear on the gold ring

No,no,no,...I have a Garrett GTI2500,this machine detect in beach sand any ring very clear in discriminate/all metal mode, even, I was in West Palm beach detecting with a guy that had an 'Excalibur' machine and I detected in a area where he wiped the coil before and he found nothing, however in the same area I found later a silver ring with my Garrett(I will post the pic later here).

Amona

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS POST IS 8 YEARS OLD.