Out of commision for awhile..Think twice B4 coming to Hawaii all

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Looks like I'll be out of commision for awhile. Was jumped by a gang with ball bats, broken left arm and broke my right hand on one of their faces defending myself. You see the truth about Hawaii is, they do not want us here. Anyone that is not a Native Hawaiian is extremely discriminated against. It's the whole over through their government thing... This is the second time in just over a year this has happened. Time to go back to South Florida. The police do nothing. Therefore, no convictions, no crimes, doesn't hurt the tourism. Truth is the tourists are being beaten, robbed, etc. And it goes on unnoticed. Wish I knew before I moved here. Chao

Attachments

• bad1.jpg
    bad1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2,945
  • bad3.jpg
    bad3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,926
Upvote 0

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good God, I think Ralph nailed it . Refuse to be a victim . I'm so sorry for what happen to ya there. I'll Pray for a speedy recovery, I would come back to South Florida at least these police officers down here DO NOT put up with any kinda crap. I would carry some kind of equalizer as well Knife or gun. Its not all Rosie here either ,Its bad all over . Its not like in the 50s &60s when I was growing up. These people today have no fear, we need to put the fear back into these punks. Don't get me started , I have to cut this short because I'm getting pissed.. take care brother . let us know how your doing ,, Guzz1

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Brother,

So sorry this happened to u. I alway keep an eye over my shoulder where ever I go. The world is literally going to sh1t and people are getting more violent and ignorant each day. I always tend to carry a gun or knife when detecting, to defend myself. Dont worry though bro, theyll get whats coming to them the ignorant little bastards! Be safe brother and If u need a break hit me up in Florida or Japan! Be safe ull definately be in my prayers!!

Crackbadger

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG my Friend I am So Sorry what happened with you.
I hope you will get well soon.Sorry I am Speechless.
Come home mate come back to West Palm Beach.

Attachments

• 41.gif
    41.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,697

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
I  got  say  this is  it   I'm  going  to  get my  concealed  weapon permit  today. I'm not an advocate  of  hurting anyone , But  by God  I'm gonna  protect myself. They  changed  a lot of  laws  in  the favor  of  good  citizens  who  arm them self's  here in  Florida  . These idiots Better be damned careful of  who  the  victimise . They  could end up  in  a Box,, The next time  I  hunt  at  night   I  will  be  packing  believe  that.  .Guzz1

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,669

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Man, I cannot say it more that I hope you will heal and not only physical healing there bro. There are places like that all around the world and I am sorry that it happened to you or to anyone, it doesnt matter to me what their skin color is.

I was in a park during the summer and doing my thing, the light was fading but I didn't care as I was having fun. I happened to catch movement out of the corner of my eye. I saw four guys moving at a brisk pace directly toward me and I was out in a large soccer field. As they got closer, I just pulled back my jacket showing them my holstered pistol. They stopped turned around and left me alone. I am licesened to carry and keep it on me due to my work. Not everyone is as fortunate and I am very sorry that you had to experience that crap... >:(

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't say as I see how that place can be called paridise. Get yourself home bro'.

Ken

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Sorry to hear this happened....but I know personally that Hawaiis beaches and streets are full of drug addicts just trying to get that money for meth. A good friend of mine discouraged me and the girls from moving there a few years back because of this reason and he left the islands because the Meth problem is so widespread.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
EDDE said:
leave the Island to the tourists and natives
come on home bro
to many saucers and tweakers, well come to think of it same goes for here :-\
get well brother 8)

Finderzzs,so very sorry that something so senseless like this has happened to you(not once but twice),EDDE is right though the rampant abuse of alcohol/methamphetamine is turning Hawaii upside down making drug dealers,users,and abusers opportunist's -in turn they are turning innocent non Hawaiians and tourists into targets with little or no repercussion.

Very sorry again man get well soon,and most of all get yourself the hell out of there asap

Shawn

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry this has happened to you... Heal up and try to move back home here.. your life isnt worth constantly looking over your shoulders there.. prayers big time for you and your family and that you stay safe till you are able to move out of there.. I am so very sorry to hear this..

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about what happened! Very disappointed over what transpired...they are cowards. Get better...they'll get theirs

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here I go with my typical long post but I have a dog in this fight.

Sorry to hear that happened to you Finderzzs. I speak on the topic of personal safety often in the community and the one thing I preach is that it will happen to you when you least expect it. My exact quote for street survival classes for police officers is "It's not what you expect that will kill you. You spend tremendous amounts of time preparing for the things you expect. It is the unexpected that will do you the most harm." If you look at individual situations for police officers, most of them get killed or injured during situations that they have no idea it's coming. When we go after armed felons, we expect confrontation, so we prepare for it. You never expect to die pulling over a teenager for speeding. You never expect to die answering a call for a barking dog. That is when you are the most vulnerable.

It is a whole new world out there folks. I fear for my children and grandchildren. In my early days as a Police Officer, we were effective in holding this mess down. That was because we had a great judicial system that backed us up and legislators that passed great laws for us to enforce. The judiciary and legislature is now for the most part social workers who have taken it upon themselves to fix all the bad guys and put them back into society as "normal productive citizens". After all, "these guys are just misunderstood and society never gave them the chances they needed to develop into good human beings". RIGHT!!!!!! I can tell you that after 36 years of dealing with them, you can't fix mean bad *ss street thugs. They have to fix themselves which is rare at best. There are people with legitimate issues that need help but for the common street criminal, they simply enjoy it and it is a lifestyle that they choose. I have friends that are social workers and they do help the truly helpless but when it comes to criminals, I don't believe that they are very effective. I finally shut my social worker friends up by telling them that I will say no more if they will just take these poor misguided individuals into their own homes and let them live with them for just one week. Surely that will show them that society cares and then they will turn around. Leave them in your home with your wife and children while you are gone. Leave them in your home with your jewelry while you are gone. Well, you can guess that my social worker friends don't talk to me anymore about rehabilitating bad *ss criminals.

We can move our place of residence to avoid it but it is like a cancer taking over the country very slowly. No matter where you go, it will eventually get there. The best way to deal with it is to accept that it is there, prepare yourself for it. Always expect it. Then you will have a better chance of overcoming it.

Hope you get well soon man!

Jim
DaChief

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'M SORRY THAT HAPPENED TO YOU BUD!!! ITS BAD WHEN YOU CAN'T BE IN A PUBLIC PLACE AND BE SAFE. GET WELL AND START PACKING!! REMEMBER MOST OF THESE GUYS ARE COWARDS, THAT'S WHY THEY TRAVEL IN PACKS LIKE THE DOGS THEY ARE. BUT JUST LIKE A DOG IF IT KNOWS ITS GOING TO GET KICKED IN THE HEAD IT RUNS THE OTHER WAY!! BE SAFE GUYS!
BIGHEAD

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
What a horrible thing to have happen to you! Words can not express how sorry I am. A lot of MD'ers believe in Kharma when they do something good, but kharma can work both ways and here's hoping it works in the opposite direction quickly! Take care of yourself and try to stay safe.

vicki

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Karma does not work! Don't believe me? ask a hippie.

DaChief, Most folks I know are totally unaware of their surrounding's at all times.

White, yellow, red, black. Situational awareness. I'm always yellow.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am shocked, you hear of those horror stories around here because of Mexico, but I would of never thought there. I really think that this should be reported to the national press somehow. I would be contacting any press group I could find, especially since this was not the first time it has happened. Get better soon.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I lived in Hawaii for 10 years without any problems really, A few butt heads here and there as I surfed, partied or fished the coast lines of many of the islands. Some feel it is our fault that our government invaded them and took their island over way back when. Overall the Hawaiian people are great loving folks in my opinion.
They as we in the mainland face in many places a huge drug problem from crack, ice and meths. It is taking their children and their future. Development is another problem as the land is changing. During the 10 years I was there also leaving were many of the pineapple and sugarcane fields.
I am sorry you were assaulted and you are in my prayers for your recovery and healing. It is a shame a place known as paradise is becoming known as such a danger as big cities like New Orleans, Miami, Los Angles, etc.
Maybe our next group of elected officials will take action on the growing epidemic of drugs in our country.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry finderrz! That really bites. I hope you heal up soon. In hindsight, is there anything about the situation that could provide some insight on how to avoid this violence, or deal with it effectively?

Get well soon!
TBGO

Benbuck6

Jan 11, 2008
GREENVILLE, MS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 350 GTA
my wife and i spent 3 weeks in on the islands when we first got married...we got a lot of good advice from a friend that was stationed there for 4 years that helped and most of it panned out.

1) Honolulu and the whole island is horrible...Honolulu is a huge tourist draw cause it is metro and Pearl Harbor...but very easy to get away from tourists' paradise to the mean streets of any city USA

2) Maui - seemed to be safest. No metro areas hardly unless they are tourist...even the little towns and villages are nice...drugs run rampant though...no telling how many times we were asked if we wanted some weed by the same guy as we walked from our hotel to Lahaina Village (the tourist spot on Maui). He sat on the same bridge every night. I told a cop, and he laughed and called the guy by name and mentioned he was harmless. He was nice and polite...but still was selling drugs.

We felt like we could walk around in Maui or drive anywhere we wanted...we spent the better part of 2 weeks on Maui and then went to Honolulu for a few days and spent a day or 2 at all the other islands. The minute we left Maui and set foot in Honolulu we wished we would have just stayed our whole time in Maui. That was 8 years ago though - things can change fast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread