Out of commision for awhile..Think twice B4 coming to Hawaii all

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Looks like I'll be out of commision for awhile. Was jumped by a gang with ball bats, broken left arm and broke my right hand on one of their faces defending myself. You see the truth about Hawaii is, they do not want us here. Anyone that is not a Native Hawaiian is extremely discriminated against. It's the whole over through their government thing... This is the second time in just over a year this has happened. Time to go back to South Florida. The police do nothing. Therefore, no convictions, no crimes, doesn't hurt the tourism. Truth is the tourists are being beaten, robbed, etc. And it goes on unnoticed. Wish I knew before I moved here. Chao

Attachments

• bad1.jpg
    bad1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2,945
  • bad3.jpg
    bad3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,926
Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Finderzz, I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you in Hawaii. I have admired your amazing ring/jewelry finds that you have posted on Tnet. I was quite envious that you got to hunt the beaches of the Hawaiian Islands, until I saw this post you made today. Wherever I hunt, I'm always looking over my shoulder to see who's around me. I imagine when a bunch of thugs come up to you out of nowhere, there's not much you can do but ignore them, and try to walk away. If that doesn't work, you're going to have to defend yourself with your life. We all hope that these unfortunate situations don't happen to us, but it is always a possibility.

I'm praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Regards,
Dan
CAPTN SE

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bridgeendfarm said:
I lived in Hawaii for 10 years without any problems really, A few butt heads here and there as I surfed, partied or fished the coast lines of many of the islands. Some feel it is our fault that our government invaded them and took their island over way back when. Overall the Hawaiian people are great loving folks in my opinion.
They as we in the mainland face in many places a huge drug problem from crack, ice and meths. It is taking their children and their future. Development is another problem as the land is changing. During the 10 years I was there also leaving were many of the pineapple and sugarcane fields.
I am sorry you were assaulted and you are in my prayers for your recovery and healing. It is a shame a place known as paradise is becoming known as such a danger as big cities like New Orleans, Miami, Los Angles, etc.
Maybe our next group of elected officials will take action on the growing epidemic of drugs in our country.

All I want to say is that I am half Hawaiian and most Hawaiians are great people that wouldn't harm anyone.

There is a group that is involved with and support the Hawaiian "Sovereignty Movement". Many in that group feel strongly that since the Hawaiian monarchy was overthrown and taken, illegally, it should be returned to the Hawaiian people, along with all of the land that was also taken. Personally, I don't think it will ever happen, but that's another story.

They demonstrate and do what they can to support the movement, but they would no more resort to violence than I would. There is, however, always a group of radicals running around breaking laws in the name of some injustice that they claim has been bestowed upon them, personally. Those people exist everywhere, not just Hawaii.

Most Hawaiians have a deep respect and love for the land and those who share it with them.

I am very sorry for what has happened to Finderzz, but please don't judge all of the Hawaiian people by what a few lawbreaking idiots have done.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no, Z! :'( I'm so sorry! I pray that you recover quickly! Such a shame that one can't fully enjoy life without having to constantly look over your shoulder. :-\

Nana :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
finderzzs said:
. . . broken left arm and broke my right hand on one of their faces defending myself.

Hope you fully recover. Man, I gotta admire your bolts for grabbing the camera to documnent it for us BEFORE getting the broken bones set! Too many of us yelling: "Pictures! Pictures!" has had it's effect!

As Mitchner said: "Rascals in Paradise".

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
1st I want to sincerely Thank all of you for your kind words and Prayer. Can never have enough prayer and friends in ones life.
Secondly, I was carrying a very deadly and razor sharp knife on me at the time, but what if I had used it? I know I would see myself in the courts system and/or behind bars for a long time here. Remember, this isn't the mainland, things are very different here. As one of you said about the pot seller guy on Maui, I happen to know for a fact of some dirty cops there who profit from these "entrepreneurs" My friend who is a Hawaiian is involved in a lawsuit against several who tried to kill her, beat and raped her and left her for dead in a cane field. Then in a recent Newspaper report here, 180 tourist vehicles were broken into at Akaka falls in a six month period. You telling me you can't catch someone so prolific? Truth is, most are cousin's, brothers, Uncle's, etc.
I was also with someone at the time and had to protect her, she to was beat with bats. But the law?? I don't see that they will arrest those responsible, I have no faith in them.
Yes there is a deep down animosity in most Hawaiians for the overthrow of there government over 100 years ago, and the parents are at fault for teaching there children the things they do.
There's even a school system here, Kamehameha schools, that only allows Native Hawaiians to go to.
Enough of my ranting. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and Prayers.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
So good to hear you have survived the close encounter Finderzzs.
Will say a prayer for your speedy recovery.

It's common knowledge, and quickly related by friends I've known, that many of the natives dislike all howlees, and you will be wupped if caught offguard.

Yes, the Hawaiian people are probably wonderful, as a rule.
It might be advised to stick within the designated pretty tourist areas, or travel in some sort of group.

It's kinda like going into a strange bar.
You keep a low profile with eyes and ears open, and back against the wall, 'til you learn the lay of the land.

DaChief is correct. IT will happen when you least expect it. Even amongst trained professionals.

It is NOT possible to prepare for all instances, even with a holstered weapon.
Here in CA, shooters 'drive - by' and take pot shots.
rmptr

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Outstanding post jim, dachief,, You nailed it big time.. Guzz1

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
Finderzzs,

My prayers go out to you, My wife hounds me about going to Hawii all the time, I doubt if I will go there now. I went to Cancoun Mex. a couple of years ago and had a great time, Mabey we'll go back there. I will definitly not go to Hawii, I have been jealous of your finds there but even Florida sounds better now, I hope you will change your Avatar now REALLY. Get well soon.

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Wow...................isnt Hawaii one of the United States?
Guess I would be contacting my Congressman or woman and ask why the cops wont do anything.

Get well, come back to the mainland, life is too short to live like that.
Im sorry for what happened to you. Wished I was there to help you out in that squabble.

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
Geez Finderzz, it always seems to happen to the good ones. Hope they got you stitched up real good.

I too had heard lots of negative things about Hawaii from service members here on Okinawa. My family and I can fly free there if we want to (along with some other cool destinations), but everyone we spoke to warned us away unless we were staying on one of the military resorts.

I don't think you could pay me enough to go there now.

We are from Vegas, and I think I would be better off there at night than in Hawaii. I worked with several folks from the islands, and they were good folk, but they came to the states to get away from the drugs and some of the issues that plague the islands now.

Come home.

vegasmtl

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was in the USAF, we would go TDY there several times a year, for a few weeks at a time..
after awhile.....the place was not that much fun.

You could walk down a single block, in Waikiki and be offered sex, drugs, fake ID's, private party, fake jewelry.....problem is when you walked back to the hotel......you had to go by the exact same hustlers, and they would offer......sex, drugs, fake ID's, private party, fake jewelry..........and lastly a Pimp would ask you if want your f*cking HAOLE ass kicked..........I also made the mistake of cutting dudes off while surfing......but I was bigger than them....I got away with it........I saw one local paddle out and sexually assault a young HAOLE surfer girl right in the surfing lineup......I also made the mistake of asking a local fisherman what he was catching........f*cking HAOLE........I got the picture......On the last trip I went there, I never left the hotel.......it was a short TDY....and I just wanted to get heck out of there.....The island is beautiful though........but not worth my hard cash!!!!!!!

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like these UrbanDictionary.com definitions

1. howly

it's spelt HAOLE not howly. only people in hawaii can relate
by anonymous Aug 5, 2003

2. howly

a wannabe local

First you steal my land then you rape my wife then you enslave my children and then you kill all the pigs and now you trying to steal my fucking coconuts!
by Abay & KD Feb 20, 2004

3. howly

a pale ass white dude in hawaii trying to fit in
"HA! The howlie forgot to take off his camera before getting in the water!"
by hm... bite me May 1, 2003

no doubt........posted by some locals...........sounds like paradise HUH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
damn man, sorry you got jumped. come back to the mainland and get the hell out of there. i hate when bad stuff happens to good folks. thank god you still have your life. screw hawaii. without tourist dollars they will be eating nothing but coconuts in no time..screw em.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Finderzzs,
That really sucks! I'm so sorry you had to go thru that!
I've always thought of Hawaii as paradise, never thought about the bad guys!
But, I guess they're everywhere nowadays.
Rest, recover, get well!
Prayers + Blessings coming atcha ;)

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Finderzzs - hope you have a speedy recovery. Been to Hawaii 4 times and never had a problem. Sorry this happened to you. Get well soon and post those great finds we have been accustomed to seeing.

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't believe that crap about 'Hawaii being safe except a few isolated incidents'. It's bad and yes they are racists. 35 years ago I lived on Oahu for two years. Once, while I was drowning and being saved, the b**tards took advantage of the situation and broke into my car and stole everything! They saw what was happening and saw it as an opportunity to rob me and made no effort to save me. A group of white tourists did.

The laws in Hawaii are made for the thieving Hawaiians. You can't carry weapons and if you shoot the b**tards even in your house you go to jail.

Not that I have a strong opinion about Hawaii.

TE

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I seriously think we should email 5 oh and let them know that everyone here will have this story run in their hometown newspapers if they don't get off their behinds and catch/prosecute/jail the offenders.

never underestimate a large group of determined people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread