Out of commision for awhile..Think twice B4 coming to Hawaii all

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Looks like I'll be out of commision for awhile. Was jumped by a gang with ball bats, broken left arm and broke my right hand on one of their faces defending myself. You see the truth about Hawaii is, they do not want us here. Anyone that is not a Native Hawaiian is extremely discriminated against. It's the whole over through their government thing... This is the second time in just over a year this has happened. Time to go back to South Florida. The police do nothing. Therefore, no convictions, no crimes, doesn't hurt the tourism. Truth is the tourists are being beaten, robbed, etc. And it goes on unnoticed. Wish I knew before I moved here. Chao

Attachments

• bad1.jpg
    bad1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2,945
  • bad3.jpg
    bad3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,926
Upvote 0

newbieprospector

Jun 22, 2006
Williamsburg, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear of your experience and hope you are healing well. I believe this to be a world-wide issue though, not just Hawaii...the youth of today are being desensitized to violence through video games, tv, movies, and the internet. And whenever you get into an isolated location where the locals are related to the law enforcement it just seems to make matters worse. These desensitized youth are hearing all the stories from their grandparents/great-grandparents of how life was before the "Haoles" and want to take some sort of action but don't have the life experience to express themselves in more productive ways....of course it's just my opinion.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was an article on Comcasts main page yesterday. Local Hawaiians are upset about tourism. Mainly people who rent local houses out for the week. The tenants are often loud and obnoxious. I can sympathize a little. However complaining is one thing, physical harm is another. This kind of attack, even with a little provocation is wrong. Heritage does not come with exclusive rights, anywhere. Come on Hawaii get with the program.

Ed D.

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Whats this world coming too, I should say this Country. I believe we are all in big trouble and this just shows the light.
Sorry you had this problem and hope all goes well for you there, in YOUR Country.
Shame on the police there for doing NOTHING.
This Pisses me off to no end.
I would love to take my wife on a nice vacation somewhere tropical but, DO I HAVE TO TRAVEL IN FEAR. BS

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't understand what all the complaining about Hawaii is.

Do you mean to tell me that no one in any of the other 49 states has ever been mugged or beat up .... for any reason at all? Come on folks.

Haoleman

Aug 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
I will tell all of you that are thinking twice about visiting Hawaii. As a 15year resident of Kona Hawaii, if you are considering a tropical place, Hawaii is not only the safest but one of the cleanest. If you are adventurous and go off the beaten path you are fair game anywhere. Try Jamica, Mexico, Bahamas etc. There will always be people who are less fortunate than you and some resent it enough to rob you. It's a matter of survival for them.

In Hawaii, not only will you have an incredible experience and meet wonderful people but you will have the best food in the world and if you stay away from the resort complexes, you can get 5 star food at local restaurants. You don't have stinking hot humidity, clear clean water and real sewer systems. Finderzzs was in a town that is or was when I lived on the Big Island, made up of a bunch of potheads and drug dealers. Pahoa is not a tourist spot and would best be avoided.
Kailua Kona, Volcano, Hilo, Waimea on the Big Island are all very tourist friendly although Hilo is not the best area except for the gardens and the water falls. On Maui, Lahina and Kihei are the tourist areas. Stay away from Kahalui where the airport is unless you are into surfing. Other small towns on the way up Haleakala are quite friendly too except at night. On Oahu, stick to Waikiki, Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center and aquarium. As a returning visitor, you might want to explore other areas with some knowledge of the culture. Like never make fun of Hula by wiggling your ass like those ridiculous tv commercials do. Be friendly say " hey, howzit?" Learn to make a shaka ( hang loose) sign with your hand and use it properly and not the rocker sign . Buy some "Locals" brand slippahs (these are known also as flip flops) Everyone carries them but buy only the Locals brand as they don't blow out and wear like iron. I still have friends send them to me as nobody imports them here and all the ones here suck. When addressing a Japanese islander, don't bow unless they don't speak english. Buy the following books before you visit Hawaii. There is one for each island. "Hawaii, The Big Island Revealed" "Maui Revealed" etc. Don't wast your money on Frommers guides or any others as they are very poor for Hawaii and way outdated and for the gereatric crowd. Same goes for AAA. If you're looking for a B&B to stay in, check the local B&B associations for info. And last but not least, buy a book on speaking Pidgin.
That for sure will get you some laughs.

Terry

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
Thank you all again for your thoughts and kind words. Yes I was taken by ambulance to the hospital, stitched up and casted. I'm just upset that this happened. This is such a beautiful place. This town is stright out of the Wild West, not a tourist destination spot. And Yes I do have Hawaiian friends, fact is my girl is a beautiful Hawaiian, 3 time Hula champion of the world even. I love the people, guess some just don't like me. Aloha

Sorry for your mishap bruda! I think we have chated before about Hilo. Our last trip there last year when our graddaughter was born was a totaly different experiance than we had ever had in the Islands before. The anti-Haolie feeling has really gotten out of hand! Still, we will continue to visit those beautiful and mostly peaceful Islands!

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
finderzzs said:
Ahhhh, but if they don't arrest them or prosecute anyone, as is the practice here. Then there's no crime!
Hurts Tourism if people really knew what was going on here.

Treasure_Hunter said:
Most Dangerous States, 2007

2007 rank State 2006 rank
1. Nevada 1.
2. New Mexico 3.
3. Arizona 4.
4. Maryland 5.
5. Tennessee 8.
6. South Carolina 6.
7. Alaska 9.
8. Florida 7.
9. California 10.
10. Louisiana 2.
11. Michigan 12.
12. Texas 11.
13. Arkansas 15.
14. Washington 16.
15. Oklahoma 14.
16. North Carolina 17.
17. Alabama 18.
18. Delaware 24.
19. Missouri 20.
20. Georgia 13.
21. Illinois 19.
22. Colorado 22.
23. Ohio 23.
24. Mississippi 21.
25. Indiana 28.
26. Pennsylvania 29.
27. Kansas 25.
28. Hawaii 26.
29. Oregon 27.
30. Massachusetts 30.
31. New York 31.
32. Minnesota 35.
33. New Jersey 32.
34. Kentucky 33.
35. Rhode Island 38.
36. Virginia 37.
37. Nebraska 34.
38. Utah 36.
39. Idaho 40.
40. Connecticut 39.
41. West Virginia 41.
42. Wisconsin 44.
43. Iowa 43.
44. Montana 42.
45. South Dakota 45.
46. Wyoming 46.
47. New Hampshire 47.
48. Maine 49.
49. Vermont 48.
50. North Dakota 50.

Methodology: To determine the most dangerous states, rates for six crime categories—murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and motor vehicle theft—are compared to the national average for a given crime category.

We all know now. Had no idea it was such a racist / dangerous place. Sorry for your ordeal. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I would never live in a place that will not protect the citizens because it will diminish the tourist income. Or a place that will not permit concealed weapons permit for self protection. Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

Unfortunately, the crime rate is going up all over, not just the USA. It is mostly drug related. The racist attitude does not help much either. If I were in your position, I would be looking form a mainland job and start packing as soon as possible.

Get well soon.

Ray S

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG..........I hope you heal well and feel better soon. Looks more like you visited Detroit, MI.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived in Maui 76 -79 & experienced first hand the anger of a FEW locals. It was by no means all. but a few are more than enough. luckily my orneriness (& being female) helped earn their respect & they became my gaurdians taking me under their wing & even bringing me fish from their catches. It was hard living there, being a single mom. it was horribly expensive. & I could understand some of the anger they felt towards us haolies (?) as I said though it was just a few. but your attack was inexcusable. I am sooo sorry this happened to you. I hope you have a fast recovery, physically & emotionally. remember this happens state side too. people can be animalistic wherever you go.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The heck with a "concealed weapons permit".

We've been to places where you could never get one - but you could have one that wasn't concealed - so, we wore them "on the hip" like the wild westerners did.

So, people thinking about attacking knew EXACTLY what they were up against - hmmm - didn't get attacked, for some reason.

Sometimes, seeing a weapon can be a deterrent.

I'm really sorry about what happened - I would probably leave (of course, I've never wanted to go to Hawaii, so, that might be part of it), but, I just could never see myself letting it go that easily - the WORLD would know what is happening in that state.

B

Get well soon.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is JACKED UP! Sorry to hear about your misfortunes in Hawaii. Regardless of gun permit or not, I CARRY! I would rather face unlawful carry, or better yet used a firearm to defend myself against several with baseball bats. Let the courts figure that one out than to leave myself majoprly hurt or worse, DEAD!

I remember when I went to Daytona to go to AMI in October 2004 for my Harley Certification. Some of my classmates kept hounding me to go to Sharks Lounge with them. Those kind of places do not interest me. But after several months me and another guy from class rode our Harley's down there. Our classmates had thier corner of the bar and one of our classmates came in with his girlfriend from Maryland and there were 7 of us and there were 9 hispanic males. One of the males was following my buddy's girlfriend into the womans restroom and I stopped him as he was trying to gain access to the womans restroom, he followed her side by side, so it wasn't like he was looking for the mens room, he went and told his buddies about me getting ready to whip the crap out of him and and they left the bar, being it was only us and them in the bar as customers, they left. I started walking out to the door to make sure they were not going to mess with the bikes out front, I stood at the door to talk to the door guy, (Chris) and then I saw something hit my bike. I bolted out the door after them.

Long story cut short, they grabbed shovels, hammers, tools, and roofing pitchforks. 5 of the 9 got seriously jacked up by me, (as my buddies didn't know what was going on, nor knew I was outside). One of the 5 hispanics went after me with a roofing shovel, (the heavey duty ones with steel handles and big blade, not the small shovels we think about), and I lunged at him and took it from him and played baseball with his face after taking the shovel.

Chris saw the security video from the security cameras outside and called the police and hollered at my buddies and said I was kicking some serious butt, after it was over, my buddies came out and grabbed a hold of me and I accidently knocked one of my buddies out, as I didn't know who grabbed me and they all grabbed me and would not let me finish the hispanics off into oblivian, by the time the police got there, they got up and staggered out and limped and hobbled away, and the police officers got there and saw I had a bad cut about 3 inches in the back of my head and blood all down my neck and back. After the police saw the hammers, shovels and other tools that were used for weapons all over the ground, the police officer said if I would have shot and killed them it would have been in self defense. Needless to say, I DIDN'T have my gun on me at the time, and wished I did! Me and my buddies did get to watch the tape a few days later of me doing some serious butt whipping! It happened so fast I didn't even know some of the stuff I was doing at the time of the fighting (I was only reacting), until I saw the video which showed one guy hitting me in the back of the head with a roofing shovel, (evidently I didn't feel it, but it left a gash) while I was pouncing one of his buddies into oblivian, and another one had stabbed me in the left arm with a roofing pitch fork. After it was done 5 layed out in the ground 4 knocked out, 1 trying to get up while the others were trying to get thier buddies from the ground in thier truck and leave. Of course they left before the police got there and they never found them.

So now, I pack regardless, I even have a friend of mine who sells elastic holsters made out of the material that the doctors use to wrap burn victims in. Wearing it with a gun under a t-shirt across my chest and pistol under my armpit and i don't haev to raise my shirt to get it out. I can access it through the neck of the shirt, pretty quickly and you would never know I have it on. 9 mm Semi automatic with at least 3 clips, and 45 hollow point rounds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread