Time to rethink Cabin wreck area?? Recent finds!

beachbox

Oct 18, 2007
South of Melbourne Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Adv. Pro. & Bounty Hunter
While showing my son and his wife from Conn. around yesterday, I was relating my beach detecting adventures and they got all excited about the 1715 Fleet story. So, I took them to the Mc Larty museum. While they were touring and looking at the exibits, I was schmoozing with my friends at the desk. I was complaining about how I missed the hunting there since the dredging covered everything and they pulled out "The Book". There have been several good finds in very recent days. A guy found 2 pieces of coral rock each with a visible emerald encrusted inside. Another guy found a gold escucheon (sp) and a silver reale in his first 20 min on the beach. Yet another man ,wife,and 2 kids found a nice reale just south of the museum. All of these finds took place since the first of the year and some in the last 2 weeks. We have had no major weather events in that time period so maybe this stuff was "pumped " in from deeper water? We still can't use the Ambersand access. If anyone knows why, please let me know.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread