CZ 20 repair ?

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Repairs on a CZ20 can be expensive depending on what you need done. The model was discontinued before Fisher sold to First Texas so there are limited CZ20 parts at best. If you need anything with the control board or the knobs or the pinpoint switch, the new CZ21 parts work in a CZ20 but they don't fit in the control housing. Repairs under these circumstances can cost up to 600.00 but what you end up with is what they are calling a CZ21 hybrid. Good Luck!
Glenn

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasurediggerNY is correct unfortunely. Repairs on CZ20's can be costly even though they look like the CZ21. I own one and dread when it dies even though I mainly use a Excal and Sov GT.

OP
OP
H

hicap25

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
mxt, deleon, tigershark
Thanks Guys
i found a mint cz 20 thats never been used for $550.00 and seems like a good deal so tell me would you buy it?

T

TreasurdiggrNY

hicap25 said:
Thanks Guys
i found a mint cz 20 thats never been used for $550.00 and seems like a good deal so tell me would you buy it?

I don't know if I would, seems too good to be true. Here are a couple of things I would consider.
1. There are several rubber seals and gaskets that could have dried up since it was made, especially depending on where it was stored. If it leaks your into the 600.00 repair deal I mentioned in my post above.
2. One of the other VERY important rubber things to look at is the pinpoint switch, they are known to be a problem even before they discontinued this machine. If that has dried up some or became brittle it's going to leak on you and your again into the 600.00 repair deal. Hope that helps, Good Luck.
Glenn

OP
OP
H

hicap25

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
mxt, deleon, tigershark
Thanks Glen
I think ill take your advise and quit trying to talk myself into buying it ! maybe someone here can buy it and use for parts! its on craigs list in Raleigh area.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

hicap25 said:
Thanks Glen
I think ill take your advise and quit trying to talk myself into buying it ! maybe someone here can buy it and use for parts! its on craigs list in Raleigh area.

You're making the right choice ;), Having to spend 600.00 if something happens puts you up there with having spent more than the cost of a brand new CZ21.
Good Luck
Glenn

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
offer him 200.00 he might take it ,,, Guzz1

Top Member Reactions